Vienna Insurance Group in Bosnia-Herzegovina: Acquisition of Jahorina closed
VIG now active in 25 markets
Jahorina was established in 1992 as a non-life insurer in Pale (autonomous region Republika Srpska) and currently employs approximately 215 staff. Since the first quarter of 2010, the company has also offered life insurance. In the first half of 2011, Jahorina registered premiums of approx. EUR 5.7 million. Of this amount, approx. 98 percent was in the non-life sector, especially motor insurance; 82 percent of the premium revenues are generated in the Republika Srpska. In recent years, Jahorina has achieved very high growth rates and is the market leader in the Republika Srpska, with a market share of 13.6 percent. In terms of the overall market in Bosnia-Herzegovina, the company ranks 9th with a market share of 4.5 percent.
Current market data illustrates the potential in the Bosnian insurance market: The insurance penetration (annual premiums per capita) was approximately EUR 63 in Bosnia-Herzegovina in 2010 as compared to approximately EUR 75 in Serbia und more than EUR 2,500 in the EU-15 countries.
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Vienna Insurance Group - 3M 2021 Results (25.05.2021 14:55)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Annual General Meeting 2021 (05.05.2021 16:06)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Group Annual Report 2020 (15.04.2021 16:15)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Bank Conference - Investor Presentation (25.03.2021 14:29)
- Vienna Insurance Group with solid preliminary results for 2020 (18.03.2021 15:54)