KIT digital Powers The JASON Project and "Nautilus Live"
Dr. Robert D. Ballard, the renowned oceanographer and explorer, and his international team of scientists and engineers are exploring the Black and Mediterranean Seas and the Atlantic Ocean aboard the Nautilus on a four-month expedition. Students, educators, researchers, and general audiences ashore can participate through 24-7 live video feeds and interactive communications. The expedition is carried on Nautilus Live (www.nautiluslive.org), and is available to classroom students through The JASON Project (www.jason.org) and to students in after-school programs and summer camps through JASON's Immersion Learning program (www.immersionlearning.org).
JASON is an independent 501(c)(3) organization operated in partnership between the National Geographic Society and the Sea Research Foundation.
Both the Nautilus Live and JASON outlets are designed to give viewers the experience of being aboard the Nautilus ship, looking over the shoulders of the scientists and crew and listening to their conversations during the expedition -- enabling participants to communicate with each other and learn about and share discoveries in real time as they watch live ocean exploration and shipboard activities during each leg of the journey.
KIT digital's cloud-based solution, the KIT Video Platform, supports The JASON Project and Nautilus Live in the following ways:
- KIT digital manages on-the-fly encoding, ingesting multiple live satellite video feeds from both the ship and its companion remote-controlled vehicles on the seafloor and translates them into multiple formats that can be played out across a wide range of
- The KIT Video Platform provides administration tools to organize these live feeds into channels and programs, allowing for tagging and categorizing of the content, and delivering them to www.nautiluslive.org, where visitors can engage in an interactive
experience across fixed and mobile connected devices
- The KIT Video Platform also delivers the live feeds via Roku set-top boxes, which power Nautilus Live's Exploration Command Centers (ECCs) at museums, aquariums, schools, and after-school clubs across the country. ECCs provide a "mission control" experience in these settings, allowing audiences to watch and interact with the expedition
team in real time.
"Through these channels, the partnership seeks to expand our understanding of the oceans and inspire the explorers of tomorrow," said Dr. Stephen M. Coan, CEO of The JASON Project and president and CEO of Sea Research Foundation. "The program will forever transform the way in which scientists, students and the public experience deep-sea exploration."
JASON is the only program that links students, inside the classroom and out, to real science and scientists for enriched learning experiences. Evaluations across the country show that JASON increases student achievement and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Kaleil Isaza Tuzman, KIT digital's chairman and CEO, commented: "We are ardent supporters of projects like JASON and Nautilus Live, which use interactive video tools to educate, inspire and build community -- in this case around the richness of underwater ecology and the need to protect our world's resources. KIT's broadband video solutions make it possible to share the excitement of undersea exploration and discovery with anyone, using any device, anywhere there's an Internet connection. This flexibility enables a much broader audience to join Dr. Ballard on his expedition, creating an engaging and lasting educational experience for students and general audiences everywhere."
KIT digital Contact:
Public Relations for KIT digital
KIT digital Investor Relations Contact:
Matt Glover or Geoffrey Plank
Liolios Group, Inc.
SOURCE: KIT digital, Inc.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- KIT digital Restructuring Approved; Prepares To Exit Bankruptcy and Change Name to Piksel (06.08.2013 12:16)
- KIT digital, Inc. Takes Legal Action Against utd. by content (02.08.2013 12:12)
- KIT Digital, Inc. - Regulation FD Disclosure (16.07.2013 12:08)
- KIT Digital Inc. - Reorganizační plán - Sdělení pro přímé účastníky RM-S (02.07.2013 13:24)
- KIT Digital Announces Settlement of Securities Lawsuits (01.07.2013 10:31)