KIT Digital and Harmonic Announce Global Strategic Partnership
Supplying video service and content providers with proven, carrier-grade technologies and strategic project management skills, the partnership draws on years of experience delivering platform solutions to power complex, demanding video deployments. The integrated solution will combine product offerings to deliver:
- An end-to-end video solution leveraging KIT Cosmos, KIT digital's premium video asset management platform, and Harmonic's multicodec, multiformat video processing and storage technology, that enables customers to deliver and optimize video services for live linear feeds, catch-up and start-over TV and video-on-demand with a rich user
- A unified video infrastructure designed specifically for servicing both traditional broadcast and emerging multiscreen devices with maximum quality and operational efficiency;
- A Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) or on-site, "private cloud" operational model that fits the end customer's most stringent reliability requirements while handling day-to-day workflows.
Scott Sahadi, Chief Strategy Officer for KIT digital, commented: "As the lines between traditional broadcast and new media distribution channels blur, our clients are demanding an integrated, seamless and cost-effective solution. Already clients have recognized the value and synergies of our combined offering. This partnership is a natural evolution of an existing relationship, one that we look forward to strengthening and expanding even more through the years."
Shahar Bar, Senior Vice President Corporate Development for Harmonic, added: "A strategic focus for service and content providers alike is to gain operational efficiency while extending service offerings for consumers. Harmonic's award-winning video infrastructure solutions and KIT digital's impressive managed service platform deliver a true high-quality, proven, end-to-end solution focused on operational efficiencies."
About Harmonic Inc. Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) provides infrastructure that powers the video economy. The company enables content and service providers to efficiently create, prepare, and deliver differentiated video services for television and new media platforms. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- KIT digital Restructuring Approved; Prepares To Exit Bankruptcy and Change Name to Piksel (06.08.2013 12:16)
- KIT digital, Inc. Takes Legal Action Against utd. by content (02.08.2013 12:12)
- KIT Digital, Inc. - Regulation FD Disclosure (16.07.2013 12:08)
- KIT Digital Inc. - Reorganizační plán - Sdělení pro přímé účastníky RM-S (02.07.2013 13:24)
- KIT Digital Announces Settlement of Securities Lawsuits (01.07.2013 10:31)