Nokia appoints Henry Tirri Chief Technology Officer and member of Nokia Leadership Team
As Chief Technology Officer, Tirri assumes responsibility for the CTO organization, charged with setting Nokia's technology agenda both now and in the future, and driving core innovation to enable business development opportunities.
Previously, Tirri was Head of Nokia Research Centre (NRC), Nokia's forward looking research facility. He joined Nokia in 2004 as a Research Fellow before leading NRC Systems Research laboratory in 2007. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Helsinki, Finland. Tirri will be based in Sunnyvale, California.
Richard Green, who was appointed Chief Technology Officer in May 2010, and was a member of the Nokia Leadership Team since February 11, 2011, has elected to depart Nokia. Effective September 22, 2011, he is no longer a member of the Nokia Leadership Team. Green will be returning full time to the U.S. to pursue new opportunities.
"During his time at Nokia, Henry has provided Nokia technical leadership and challenged us to explore forward-looking technologies. In his new role, Henry will have the opportunity to make a greater impact and set the course for Nokia and our role in the mobile industry," said Nokia President and CEO Stephen Elop. "The company would also like to thank Rich Green for the key role he played in assisting Nokia through a major transition. We wish him all the best success in his future ventures."
Tel. +358 7180 34900
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Report on Form 20-F for 2020, published its Nokia in 2020 Annual Report (09.03.2021 14:26)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (11.02.2021 15:23)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q4 and Full Year 2020 (09.02.2021 13:55)
- Nokia Corporation financial calendar for 2021 (30.12.2020 16:40)
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q3 and January-September 2020 (30.10.2020 16:04)