KIT digital Unveils Next Generation Video Platform
KIT digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: KITD), a premium cloud-based software solutions and technology services provider for multiscreen video management and delivery, today unveiled its highly anticipated next generation cloud-based video asset management system, the KIT Video Platform, at the IBC 2011 conference.
The KIT Video Platform -- available in two editions, KIT Cloud and KIT Cosmos, to address the diverse needs of the market -- gives media & entertainment companies, network operators, and non-media enterprises a comprehensive and highly flexible platform solution to produce, manage and deliver live and on-demand, socially-enabled broadband TV deployments.
"Today's platform release is the most significant in the company's history and marks the culmination of over a year of internal development and innovation, as well as the integration of 'best-of-breed' elements from recently acquired industry-leading platform technologies," said Alex Blum, COO, KIT digital. "The KIT Video Platform further positions our company as a driving force in the global transformation to multiscreen broadband TV for tier-one customers."
The KIT Video Platform's two editions, KIT Cloud and KIT Cosmos, are built on a common architecture and object model, and each caters to different ends of the video market -- from enterprises deploying internal video systems, to broadcasters and Telcos deploying multiscreen 'TV Everywhere' initiatives.
KIT Cloud -- Turnkey but highly advanced cloud-based solution for multiscreen interactive and social video publishing and monetization. KIT Cloud is designed for organizations seeking a simplified entry point to broadband video.
KIT Cosmos -- A modular and extensible solution engineered to optimize the management and delivery of broadcast-grade IPTV and "over-the-top" (OTT) multiscreen video. Delivered through 'hybrid' cloud and managed private cloud deployments, KIT Cosmos is designed to meet the integration, content protection and quality-of-service demands of advanced TV Everywhere initiatives.
KIT Video Platform Key Features/Benefits
- Reach and grow "anytime/anywhere" audiences securely and cost effectively with linear, live and VOD programming.
- Deliver high quality and consistent live and on-demand broadband TV experiences across a wide range of browser-based devices, connected TVs, gaming consoles and more than 500 leading mobile and tablet environments.
- Engage audiences more deeply through advanced social and interactive video companion features, including custom forums, social sites, widgets, contests and Facebook pages and apps.
- Monetize video assets with flexible advertising, pay-per-view and subscription based models. KIT supports third-party ad platform integration and standard ad formats including banners, overlays and in-stream ad units.
- Capture and deliver linear or scheduled live broadcasts to any screen for smooth uninterrupted viewing, and take advantage of innovative live-streaming features such as content sharing and recommendation, in-stream advertising, adaptive bitrate, audience analytics and secure live encoding.
- Easily create custom video apps and players that are designed and built for delivery to any screen and support Flash, HTML5 and Silverlight.
- Protect premium content from unauthorized viewing and reuse with a wide range of security options, digital rights management and encryption solutions.
The KIT Video Platform's open architecture employs modular, extensible subcomponents and exposes functionality via standards-based APIs (application programming interfaces). This core methodology provides a flexible deployment model that includes cloud, hybrid cloud and private cloud hosting options, while allowing platform functionality to be easily extended through the addition of new components without disturbing the core data layer, and facilitating integration with third-party point solutions.
The platform's broadcast-grade quality of service is made possible by the KIT Platform Operations Manager, a proprietary operational support system (OSS) for broadband head-ends that reduces the cost, risk, complexity and time-to-market of deploying world-class broadband-delivered video solutions. Whether directing KIT Cloud or KIT Cosmos, the unique combination of integrated ITIL service management, security and quality assurance enables broadcast-grade quality while minimizing operational and maintenance costs.
Solutions for Social TV and Connected Device Strategies
KIT digital also unveiled two innovative areas of functionality powered by the KIT Video Platform, which help organizations deliver on social TV and connected device strategies:
KIT Social TV -- Allows broadcasters and network operators to deliver companion device social applications that enhance the broadband TV viewing experience and provide greater opportunities for audience engagement and monetization. The solution enables a smartphone or tablet to be used as a remote control and program guide, as well as an interactive device that delivers personalized information about the content being watched and involvement from other viewers. This includes social-based programming recommendations and real-time feedback on what friends are watching. KIT Social TV also enables the delivery of interactive, personalized advertising and socially driven e-commerce functionality.
KIT Connected Device Framework -- A comprehensive software development kit (SDK) aimed at helping organizations simplify the process of delivering socially-enabled video applications across multiple internet-connected devices, including connected TVs, set-top boxes, gaming consoles, smartphones and tablets. KIT digital has worked closely with a consortium of industry leaders to develop technical specifications and procedures designed to ensure seamless video delivery across a broad range of leading connected device platforms.
KIT digital representatives will be available to demonstrate and discuss the KIT Video Platform, KIT Social TV solution and KIT Connected Device Framework, along with the company's full suite of professional services capabilities, at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2011 Booth 1.D71 being held in Amsterdam on September 9-13.
KIT digital Contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing
Tel. +420 724 391 434
SOURCE: KIT digital, Inc.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- KIT digital Restructuring Approved; Prepares To Exit Bankruptcy and Change Name to Piksel (06.08.2013 12:16)
- KIT digital, Inc. Takes Legal Action Against utd. by content (02.08.2013 12:12)
- KIT Digital, Inc. - Regulation FD Disclosure (16.07.2013 12:08)
- KIT Digital Inc. - Reorganizační plán - Sdělení pro přímé účastníky RM-S (02.07.2013 13:24)
- KIT Digital Announces Settlement of Securities Lawsuits (01.07.2013 10:31)