KIT digital Powers the Launch of Maasranga, Bangladesh's First Integrated Digital, HD and 3G-Enabled
The project involves the green-field development of Maasranga's central infrastructure and studio facilities, which feature state-of-the art production and post-production capabilities and a fully automated, IP-based digital delivery workflow. By implementing the KIT Platform, KIT digital's broadband video head-end software-based solution, the network can more efficiently and cost-effectively produce, manage and deliver premium content to audiences anytime, anywhere.
"Maasranga made an ambitious commitment to deploy the most advanced broadcast technology, in keeping with Bangladesh's ongoing emergence, and through our partnership with KIT we are setting the groundwork to transition into multi-platform distribution over digital terrestrial, satellite, and IP networks, with single-point ingestion and asset management," said Syed Fahim Munaim, CEO of Maasranga. "In working with KIT digital, we are leapfrogging our competitors by incorporating integrated HD and OTT technologies into our multi-platform offering. This is an exciting time for the Bangladeshi broadcast market."
Maasranga Television, the group's brand new 24-7 news channel, will highlight the history, culture and ongoing development of Bangladesh in addition to airing topical financial, political and culture news. As the fastest growing zone in today's global economy, Asia is witnessing rapid technological progression in the field of digital media. The way people communicate, distribute and consume media is evolving as younger audiences and the new middle class embrace multi-screen content.
Maasranga TV went on air on July 30th with an hour-long inaugural broadcast ceremony held at the Radisson Water Garden Hotel in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The ceremony was hosted by Bangladesh's Information and Cultural Affairs Minister, Abul Kalam Azad, and the Chairman of Square Group, Samson H Chowdhury.
Ashish Mukherjee, senior vice president, Asia-Pacific, KIT digital, commented: "Maasranga will deliver the best in premium content through its various media platforms to its viewers across Bangladesh. Our partnership with Maasranga is enabling us to match the best in video technology with our specialized integration services to meet specific network needs. We are proud to be working with the Square Group in its advancement of the Bangladeshi media environment."
KIT digital staff have been on the ground in Dhaka over the last several months implementing the KIT Platform, integrating partners' hardware and software technologies and developing efficient ongoing workflow processes for internal Maasranga staff that will support the network for years to come. Project partners and their respective products include:
- Grass Valley Aurora Production suite, K2 Media Servers with 48TB of Storage, 12 Ediius Editing, 2x Kayak HD Vision Mixers, Maestro master control, Trinix Router with Jupiter control panel and GeckoFlex modular for the two Studios, PCRs and Mastercontrol room
- Aveco Astra Automation and Media Asset Management
- Octopus Newsroom Control System
- WASP 3D On-air graphics
- FrontPorch Diva for Archive and Storage
- Panasonic P2 HD camera for Studios, ENG & EFP
- HD DSNG from Advent for OB contribution
- Trilogy Talkback Intercom Matrix
- Autoscript Teleprompters
KIT digital Contact:
Global Communications Manager
KIT digital Investor Relations Contact:
Matt Glover or Geoffrey Plank
Liolios Group, Inc.
SOURCE: KIT digital, Inc.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- KIT digital Restructuring Approved; Prepares To Exit Bankruptcy and Change Name to Piksel (06.08.2013 12:16)
- KIT digital, Inc. Takes Legal Action Against utd. by content (02.08.2013 12:12)
- KIT Digital, Inc. - Regulation FD Disclosure (16.07.2013 12:08)
- KIT Digital Inc. - Reorganizační plán - Sdělení pro přímé účastníky RM-S (02.07.2013 13:24)
- KIT Digital Announces Settlement of Securities Lawsuits (01.07.2013 10:31)