KIT digital Brings Next-Gen HD Broadcasting to the Philippines
The upgrade to TV5's Technical Operations Center (TOC) includes significant enhancements to their production and post-production capabilities to support the network's effort to produce more premium content for their customers -- including the recently launched all-news channel AksyonTV 41 and the primetime sports block AKTV on IBC Channel 13.
"We are very pleased to have been selected as TV5's partner in advancing broadcast technology in the Philippines and setting the groundwork to transition into multi-platform distribution over digital terrestrial, satellite, and IP-networks, with single-point ingestion and asset management," said KIT digital's senior vice president, Asia-Pacific, Ashish Mukherjee. "This client win reflects KIT digital's unique ability to provide advanced integration services coupled with cloud-based platform solutions that enable traditional broadcasters to revamp their existing legacy delivery models and bridge the gap between traditional broadcast and next generation software-based broadband video head-ends."
Now the fastest growing network in the Philippines, TV5 is delivering and distributing several of the region's most popular programs throughout Asia. To support this initiative, the broadcaster is migrating all three of its major channels to HD, and is in the process of building a new ultra-modern facility in Mandaluyong City.
TV5 President and CEO, Atty. Ray C. Espinosa, commented, "We are very enthusiastic with our transition to HD and with the broadcast and OTT platform enhancements that are bound to propel our network to the forefront of modern broadcasting. We take pride in being the first to introduce leading edge technologies to our viewers, and we are glad that we have partnered with KIT digital in realizing our vision for the network."
KIT digital staff will be on the ground in Manila to train and work closely together with TV5's project management team to support the upgrade of the facilities, the implementation of the KIT Platform, and create efficient ongoing workflow processes and platform training that will support TV5 for the years to come. Project partners and their respective products include:
- EVS Video Servers for Production
- DataDirect Networks Central Storage
- Snell Routers, Glue and Automation
- Grade 1 broadcast monitors from Ikegami
- Omneon Video Servers for play-out
- Waveform Rasterizers from Tektronix
KIT digital Contact:
Global Communications Manager
SOURCE: KIT digital, Inc.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- KIT digital Restructuring Approved; Prepares To Exit Bankruptcy and Change Name to Piksel (06.08.2013 12:16)
- KIT digital, Inc. Takes Legal Action Against utd. by content (02.08.2013 12:12)
- KIT Digital, Inc. - Regulation FD Disclosure (16.07.2013 12:08)
- KIT Digital Inc. - Reorganizační plán - Sdělení pro přímé účastníky RM-S (02.07.2013 13:24)
- KIT Digital Announces Settlement of Securities Lawsuits (01.07.2013 10:31)