Nova Group still reigns in the Czech TV market
The most viewed evening television shows in the Czech Republic are broadcast by the channels Nova and Nova Cinema. The results of Thursday 27 January 2011 again confirmed the Nova Group's ratings in prime time (19:00 - 23:00). In the target group of adults aged 15-54, Nova and Nova Cinema together reached a combined audience share of 49.62%. In the target group of adults aged 15 + the Nova Group channels were watched by 1.54 million viewers.
The main evening television program on Nova, the American movie musical Dirty Dancing shown at 20:00, attracted 1.35 million viewers in the 15 + adults target group. The film, directed by Emil Ardolino in 1987, starring legendary actor and dancer Patrick Swayze in the lead male role, achieved an audience share of 41.06% of the 15-54 adult target group. In the target group of 15 to 24 year old women the film drew 70.61% of viewers. The movie Saving Private Ryan, directed by the famous American director Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks, which was broadcast by TV Nova at 22.10 hours also gave a strong performance. In the target group of 15 to 54 year old males the audience share was 44.36%.
On Nova Cinema, it was the main evening entertainment film American action thriller Vertical Limit which achieved the highest ratings on Thursday night. The movie was watched by 11.57% of viewers in the 15-54 male target group and 9.35% in the 15-54 adults target group. The showing of the thriller Hider in the House, starring Gary Busey and Mimi Rogers, drew a share of 9.80% in the target group of 15-54 year old women.
For additional information, please contact:
Vice President of Corporate Communications
Central European Media Enterprises
Krizeneckeho nam. 1078/5
152 00 Praha 5
+420 242 465 525
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the Three Months Ended March 31, 2020 (22.04.2020 11:09)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the Full Year and 4Q (06.02.2020 10:01)
- Central European Media Enterprises to Be Acquired by PPF (30.10.2019 08:26)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the 3Q and Nine Months Ended (17.10.2019 15:00)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the 2Q and Six Month (24.07.2019 15:35)