McDonald's Delivers Another Year of Strong Results in 2010
"Every day, more than 62 million customers around the world choose our restaurants for the McDonald's experience - great tasting, high-quality food that's affordable, convenient and served in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. During 2010, we continued our efforts toward becoming our customers' favorite place and way to eat and drink - and customers rewarded us by visiting our restaurants more often," said McDonald's Chief Executive Officer Jim Skinner. "As a result, we generated strong sales and delivered profitable market share growth, along with higher global revenues, operating income and earnings per share. McDonald's continued success demonstrates that our Plan to Win works in any environment and has positioned us to continue our performance in 2011."
Full year 2010 highlights included:
- Global comparable sales increase of 5.0%, with positive comparable sales across all geographic segments for every quarter
- Consolidated revenues up 6% (5% in constant currencies) to a record-high $24 billion
- Combined operating margin increase of 90 basis points to 31.0%
- Consolidated operating income increase of 9% (9% in constant currencies) with the U.S. up 7%, Europe up 8% (12% in constant currencies) and APMEA up 21% (11% in constant currencies)
- Earnings per share of $4.58, up 11% (11% in constant currencies)
- Return of $5.1 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends paid
Fourth quarter highlights included:
- Global comparable sales increase of 5.0%, with the U.S. up 4.4%, Europe up 3.4% and APMEA up 5.5%
- Consolidated revenues increased 4% (5% in constant currencies)
- Earnings per share of $1.16, up 5% (6% in constant currencies)
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.