McDonald's November Global Comparable Sales Rise 4.8%
- U.S. up 4.9%
- Europe up 4.9%
- Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa up 2.4%
"McDonald's continued strong performance reflects the benefits of our global alignment around the Plan to Win," said McDonald's Chief Executive Officer Jim Skinner. "Contemporary locations, quality food and beverages at an outstanding value and operations excellence continue to be the key ingredients to becoming our customers' favorite place and way to eat and drink."
In the U.S., comparable sales increased 4.9% for November fueled by McDonald's iconic McRib sandwich, continued strong demand for McCafe beverages and everyday value throughout the menu.
In Europe, November comparable sales rose 4.9% due to strong performance in France, Germany,Russia and the U.K. Europe's focus on premium products such as the McWraps in Germany, four-tiered menu pricing and ongoing restaurant modernization contributed to these results.
Comparable sales in Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa rose 2.4% for the month driven by Australia with positive results in China and most other markets, partly offset by Japan. APMEA's results benefitted from initiatives that are differentiating the McDonald's experience: compelling value, conveniences such as delivery and drive-thru, and restaurant reimaging.
Systemwide sales increased 4.7%, or 6.1% in constant currencies, for the month. Separately, foreign currencies have weakened. At current rates, currency translation is expected to negatively impact fourth quarter earnings by $0.01 to $0.02 per share.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- McDonald's reports third quarter 2020 comparable sales and raises cash dividend (14.10.2020 17:00)
- McDonald's Reports Second Quarter 2020 Results (29.07.2020 15:50)
- McDONALD'S ANNOUNCES QUARTERLY CASH DIVIDEND (24.07.2020 10:51)
- McDonald's Reports First Quarter 2020 Results (30.04.2020 14:39)
- McDonald's Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2019 Results And Quarterly Cash Dividend (29.01.2020 14:09)