September the best sales month ever
- Worldwide sales increased 12.8 percent in the first nine months of 2010
- Growth in the home market Czech Republic clearly above the market trend
- China, Russia and India with high momentum
- The Netherlands with a record sales result
The biggest Czech automobile manufacturer Škoda Auto continues on its dynamic growth curve. 75,790 vehicles sold in September (last year: 69,023) represents the best sales result in a single month ever. In the first nine months of 2010, Škoda increased worldwide deliveries at 12.8 percent for a total of 568,990 units (January - September 2009: 504,625).
"With an attractive model range, Škoda has continued on its successful path during the third quarter of 2010. In light of the sales development to date and the record month of September, we are confident that we will sell significantly more vehicles this year than in 2009", said Prof. Dr. h.c. Winfried Vahland, chairman of the board of Škoda Auto a.s.
In its home market Czech Republic, Škoda was able to strongly expand its leadership position. With a sales increase of 9.2 percent, the brand clearly outpaced the overall market (plus 0.7 percent). In the first nine months of the year, Škoda delivered a total of 43,666 vehicles to customers in the Czech Republic (last year: 39.974). The market share rose to 34.7 percent.
In the other markets of Central and Eastern Europe, Škoda Auto also grew above average. Market shares and deliveries increased in all markets. In Russia alone, the company achieved a sales plus of 35.2 percent with sales reaching 34,273 units.
In Western Europe (without Germany), Škoda Auto's deliveries rose 25.5 percent. In the Netherlands alone, sales improved 75.9 percent compared to the previous year. The GreenLine models, which distinguish themselves through low fuel consumption and low CO2 emissions, proved to be particularly popular here. Increased sales in Great Britain, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, and in Switzerland also played a large role in the positive development in Western Europe.
The dynamic sales in the growth markets outside of Europe continued to develop unabated. In China alone, Škoda sold almost 65 percent more vehicles (134,470 units) than in the comparable period of last year (81,652). In the other non-European markets, the growth reached a total of 44.6 percent. In India, 14,224 vehicles were delivered for a plus of 36.6 percent (10.415). The Škoda sales organizations in Egypt (+168.8 percent), Israel (+63.1 percent), and Turkey (+61.4 percent) also recorded significant growth rates.
Deliveries to customers in September 2010 (Škoda models in comparison with September 2009): Octavia (31,546 vehicles / +16.5 percent), Fabia (23,434 vehicles / -16.5 percent), Superb (9,962 vehicles / +139.3 percent), Yeti (5,389 vehicles / +240.0 percent), Roomster (3,327 vehicles / -29.5 percent), Octavia Tour (2,132 vehicles / -37.7 percent).
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group operating result increases and recovery in China accelerates (01.11.2022 16:25)
- Volkswagen Group - posts robust H1 results (03.08.2022 16:30)
- Volkswagen shareholders formally approve actions of Board of Management (17.05.2022 15:46)
- Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment (06.05.2022 13:33)
- Volkswagen Group - bolsters expansion in global growth markets after strong Q1 results (06.05.2022 13:31)