Volkswagen Group reports operating profit of EUR 1.9 billion in 2009
Wolfsburg, February 26, 2010 - Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft today issued an ad hoc release containing its key figures for 2009. The Group reported an operating profit of EUR 1.9 (prior year: 6.3) billion on sales revenue of EUR 105.2 (113.8) billion. "The Volkswagen Group successfully mastered the difficult situation in the automotive industry last year. That is convincing proof of the strength of our multibrand group," Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft, commented in Wolfsburg on Friday.
"Our success is founded on our attractive, innovative and efficient vehicles. We also have a very solid financial position and our liquidity remains high," Winterkorn underscored. "Under these circumstances, we will once again be able to systematically expand our position on world markets during the current year. We have good grounds for approaching this year with confidence. Conditions will, however, remain very difficult," Winterkorn added.
Volkswagen presents 2009 consolidated financial statements:
- Volkswagen Group achieves its main goals despite difficult conditions
- At EUR 1.9 billion, operating profit positive but well below previous year (EUR 6.3 billion)
- Board of Management and Supervisory Board propose dividend of EUR 1.60 per ordinary share and EUR 1.66 per preferred share for Volkswagen shareholders
- Deliveries up 1.3 percent year-on-year at 6.3 million vehicles
- Volkswagen Group gains additional share of world's key markets
- Positive net cash flow in the Automotive Division, including after acquisition of Porsche stake
- At EUR 10.6 billion, Automotive Division net liquidity exceeds prior-year figure (EUR 8.0 billion)
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
Document to download
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group operating result increases and recovery in China accelerates (01.11.2022 16:25)
- Volkswagen Group - posts robust H1 results (03.08.2022 16:30)
- Volkswagen shareholders formally approve actions of Board of Management (17.05.2022 15:46)
- Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment (06.05.2022 13:33)
- Volkswagen Group - bolsters expansion in global growth markets after strong Q1 results (06.05.2022 13:31)