ExxonMobil Chemical Announces Expansion at Its Rotterdam Aromatics Plant
Paraxylene capacity at the plant has been increased by 25 percent to 700,000 tons, and benzene capacity increased by 20 percent to 830,000 tons per annum. The expansion at the Rotterdam complex, owned and operated by ExxonMobil Chemical Holland B.V., was announced in 2007 and completed on schedule.
The expansion is part of ExxonMobil Chemical's strategy to develop world-scale, highly integrated chemical facilities with globally competitive cost structures. The new unit in Rotterdam benefits from integration with existing facilities and captures a number of synergies with the base plant.
"This expansion demonstrates ExxonMobil's commitment to invest, across the business cycle, in order to meet the longer term, growing customer demand for these products," said T.J. Wojnar, senior vice president, ExxonMobil Chemical Company. "This project is an example of our continued efforts to meet the supply and quality needs of our global customers."
The new unit employs ExxonMobil's proprietary PxMaxSM technology to produce paraxylene and benzene. The PxMax process improves selectivity, generates less waste and reduces energy requirements versus existing technologies.
About ExxonMobil Chemical
ExxonMobil Chemical is one of the world's premier petrochemical companies with manufacturing, technology and marketing operations around the world. The company delivers a broad portfolio of products and solutions efficiently and responsibly, with a commitment to create outstanding customer and shareholder value. ExxonMobil Chemical endorses the principles of sustainable development, including the need to balance economic growth, social development and environmental considerations. To learn more, visit www.exxonmobilchemical.com.
ExxonMobil is a leading producer of paraxylene, one of the fastest-growing petrochemicals and the main raw material for polyester fibers and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) recyclable bottles.
Benzene is a primary building block for a broad array of products ranging from nylon to polystyrene.
1) ExxonMobil, the ExxonMobil logo, and the interlocking X are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation and PxMax is a trademark and a service mark of ExxonMobil Corporation. PxMax is a proprietary process name of ExxonMobil.
2) The terms "we", "our", "ExxonMobil", and "ExxonMobil Chemical" are used for convenience and may include any one or more of ExxonMobil Chemical Company, ExxonMobil Chemical Technology Licensing LLC, Exxon Mobil Corporation or some or all of the companies affiliated with Exxon Mobil Corporation with chemical manufacturing and/or marketing operations throughout the world.
Jeff Neu, 1-281-870-6607
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- ExxonMobil - 1Q 2022 earnings (02.05.2022 14:15)
- ExxonMobil - 4Q 2021 earnings overview (02.02.2022 15:06)
- ExxonMobil - Dividend information (18.10.2021 13:58)
- ExxonMobil Earns $4.7 Billion in Second Quarter 2021 (30.07.2021 14:17)
- ExxonMobil - Dividend information (30.04.2021 16:51)