Nokia reduces R&D operations in Japan
Today's announcement will impact approximately 220 employees in Japan. The total number would represent slightly more than 1% of Nokia's R&D personnel globally.
Nokia will continue its significant sourcing activities in Japan. Japanese manufacturers are important partners who play a critical role in Nokia's global supply-chain strategy and with whom Nokia continues to develop its world-class logistics operations.
The Japanese operation of Nokia Siemens Networks, Nokia's network infrastructure business, is not affected by this announcement and continues uninterrupted.
Vertu, Nokia's exclusive line of handcrafted mobile phones for the luxury market, will also continue operations in Japan unaffected by today's announcement.
Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world's leading maker of mobile devices. Today, we are connecting people in new and different ways - fusing advanced mobile technology with personalized services to enable people to stay close to what matters to them. We also provide comprehensive digital map information through NAVTEQ; and equipment, solutions and services for communications networks through Nokia Siemens Networks.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q3 and January-September 2020 (30.10.2020 16:04)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (14.10.2020 17:06)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q2 and Half Year 2020 (31.07.2020 11:00)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (13.07.2020 14:32)
- Nokia Corporation - Pekka Lundmark to start as President and CEO of Nokia on August 1, 2020 (26.06.2020 14:31)