Integrated automotive group: Volkswagen will take a 49.9 percent
The adjustment of the envisaged initial participation reflects the successful progress of negotiations between Volkswagen and Porsche concerning the details of the merger which have been taking place since the Comprehensive Agreement was approved. These negotiations indicate that the projects identified for a closer cooperation have been making swifter progress than initially anticipated. This positive development for both companies, which is an expression of the compelling industrial logic behind the merger, is now to be underscored by a larger participation in Porsche AG. Volkswagen is thus securing a higher share of the increase in the value of Porsche expected from the joint projects at an early stage. At the same time, Volkswagen remains committed to the phased integration of the two companies and is preserving the independence and the interests of Porsche.
Based on the enterprise value calculated for Porsche AG, Volkswagen is expected to pay approximately EUR 3.9 billion for the participation in the company. An increase in Volkswagen's preferred share capital is planned for the first half of 2010 in order to refinance the participation and maintain Volkswagen's good credit rating. Shareholders will be requested to adopt a resolution authorizing such an increase at an Extraordinary General Meeting on December 3.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group operating result increases and recovery in China accelerates (01.11.2022 16:25)
- Volkswagen Group - posts robust H1 results (03.08.2022 16:30)
- Volkswagen shareholders formally approve actions of Board of Management (17.05.2022 15:46)
- Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment (06.05.2022 13:33)
- Volkswagen Group - bolsters expansion in global growth markets after strong Q1 results (06.05.2022 13:31)