ExxonMobil Chemical Demonstrates Technology Leadership at Rubber Expo 2009
The company offers the rubber industry a broad portfolio of polymer solutions, including specialty elastomers, polymer modifiers (PM) and butyl polymers. At the conference, ExxonMobil Chemical will make a number of presentations that demonstrate its technology expertise across this product portfolio.
Three presentations will highlight ExxonMobil Chemical's 40 years of expertise in EP(D)M2 technology. Topics covered in the presentations include:
- Metallocene EPDM polymers with enhanced low temperature performance
- Comparisons of conventional and metallocene EP(D)M elastomers, and their binary blends, designed for low voltage (LV) and medium voltage (MV) cable insulation
- An overview of polymerization processes for the manufacture of conventional and metallocene EPDM polymers.
One of the largest producers of metallocene and conventional EP(D)M elastomers in the world, ExxonMobil Chemical is expanding its performance capabilities with the introduction of new EPDM grades. These will be targeted at a variety of low temperature, molded and extruded applications, including weatherseals and hose.
To effectively supply increasing demand for Vistalon™ EPDM and support the expansion of its product portfolio, ExxonMobil Chemical is adding capacity in Singapore, which includes a 300,000 tons per year elastomers unit. Start-up is expected in 2011.
ExxonMobil Chemical also will feature its wide range of Elevast™ polymer modifiers (PM) at The Rubber Expo (booth number 1639). Elevast PM are specialty hydrocarbon fluids that improve mechanical properties across an extended range of service temperatures for applications ranging from wire and cable to automotive and industrial belts, weatherstrip, hoses and mechanical goods such as seals, gaskets and wiper blades.
The EPDM presentations will take place in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, as follows:
Tuesday, October 13, 2009: 9:00am
"Amorphous Metallocene EPDM for Superior Low Temperature Properties" reviews the recent advances in metallocene solution polymerization and will compare the physical properties of amorphous EPDM prepared by metallocene technology and conventional Ziegler Natta methods. Results indicate that polymers with uniform compositional distribution and low ethylene content prepared by metallocene catalysts offer a balance of mechanical properties and low temperature elastic properties.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009: 8:30am
"Insulation Compounds Made From Vistalon™ EP(D)M Polymers" compares conventional EP(D)M elastomers, metallocene EP(D)M elastomers and their binary blends in filled compounds designed for low voltage (LV) and medium voltage (MV) cable insulation. Key performance attributes such as cure characteristics, physical properties, heat-aged physical properties and wet electrical properties are discussed.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009: 3:45pm
"EPDM - Past, Present and Future" provides a comparison of the processes used to make EPDM with Ziegler-Natta catalysts and metallocene catalysts. The range of products produced between these two platforms will be discussed, highlighting the influence of process chosen on energy efficiency versus the breadth of product characteristics.
About ExxonMobil Chemical
ExxonMobil Chemical is one of the world's premier petrochemical companies with manufacturing, technology, and marketing operations around the world. The company delivers a broad portfolio of products and solutions efficiently and responsibly, with a commitment to create outstanding customer and shareholder value. ExxonMobil Chemical endorses the principles of sustainable development, including the need to balance economic growth, social development and environmental considerations. To learn more, visit www.exxonmobilchemical.com.
Note to Editors:
- The terms, "we," "our," "ExxonMobil Chemical," or "ExxonMobil" are used for convenience, and may include any one or more of ExxonMobil Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, or any affiliates they directly or indirectly steward. ExxonMobil, the ExxonMobil Logo, the Interlocking "X" Device, Vistalon and Elevast are trademarks of ExxonMobil.
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer (terpolymer).
Media line: +1 281-870-6607
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- ExxonMobil reports results for third quarter 2020 (03.11.2020 12:25)
- ExxonMobil - Reports results for second quarter 2020 (04.08.2020 14:19)
- ExxonMobil - Reports Results for First Quarter 2020 (12.05.2020 12:43)
- ExxonMobil - 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (15.04.2020 10:56)
- ExxonMobil - Fourth Quarter 2019 (03.02.2020 14:54)