Ovi Mail by Nokia hits 1 million mark
Espoo, Finland - With over one million accounts activated in just over six months, Ovi Mail is quickly establishing itself as the email account for the developing world. Specifically designed for on device set-up, people can get their first email address and create and manage their accounts - no PC needed.
"More than just reaching a company milestone, this proves to us that there is a real appetite in the developing world for these types of tailored services," said Tom Furlong, head of Consumer Messaging at Nokia. "For first-time email users, Ovi Mail provides a digital identity and we are thrilled by its rapidly rising adoption rate."
The inspiration for Ovi Mail came from the growing number of people, mostly in developing countries, without access to a PC. The top five countries for Ovi Mail subscribers are India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia and South Africa. Since its inception in December 2008, Ovi Mail is available in more than 180 countries and supports 20* languages.
Ovi Mail is free to set-up straight out of the box and comes with spam filters to block unwanted emails. It is also accessible from a broad range of Nokia devices with the Nokia 2330 classic, Nokia 2630 and Nokia 5310 XpressMusic being some of the most popular devices used.
To access Ovi Mail, simply go to the email setup wizard on your Nokia Series 40 device or Nokia S60 device such as the Nokia N97. Ovi Mail is also available on the web at https://mail.ovi.com/.
Tel. +358 7180 34900
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (11.02.2021 15:23)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q4 and Full Year 2020 (09.02.2021 13:55)
- Nokia Corporation financial calendar for 2021 (30.12.2020 16:40)
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q3 and January-September 2020 (30.10.2020 16:04)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (14.10.2020 17:06)