Broad approval for integration of Volkswagen and Porsche
The details of a final joint concept will be worked out over the coming weeks. Representatives of the Porsche and Piëch families, the State of Lower Saxony and the workforce of both companies have however already expressed their great satisfaction with the foundations that have now been laid.
The Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft, Dr. Ferdinand K. Piëch, sees the integrated group clearly on course for success: "Together, Volkswagen and Porsche have all it takes to occupy a leading position in the international automotive industry." Talking in Stuttgart, Dr. Wolfgang Porsche emphasized that today's resolutions represented a landmark decision and a milestone achievement for the future, adding: "Porsche will preserve the myth and identity of the Porsche brand in the integrated group. That brings new prospects for growth."
The labor representatives Bernd Osterloh, Chairman of the Group Works Council of Volkswagen, and Uwe Hück, Chairman of the Group Works Council of Porsche, were extremely positive in their assessment of the perspectives for the integrated group. According to Osterloh: "We are definitely heading in the right direction. Over the coming weeks, we must make sure the employees benefit from the new perspectives, too." Hück commented: "Porsche will retain its independence in the integrated automotive group. Porsche must remain Porsche."
The Prime Minister of Lower Saxony, Christian Wulff, underlined that the solution represented the best course for both companies: "This solution accommodates the interests of all concerned and safeguards the strength and performance of Germany's automotive industry."
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group operating result increases and recovery in China accelerates (01.11.2022 16:25)
- Volkswagen Group - posts robust H1 results (03.08.2022 16:30)
- Volkswagen shareholders formally approve actions of Board of Management (17.05.2022 15:46)
- Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment (06.05.2022 13:33)
- Volkswagen Group - bolsters expansion in global growth markets after strong Q1 results (06.05.2022 13:31)