Nokia to acquire cellity
Nokia will acquire the cellity team to strengthen its competencies in the area of social networking. cellity's current service will not transfer to Nokia and the service will be discontinued. cellity currently offers a solution to collect and securely store users' contacts in one place. The service is an easy way to connect people on the mobile and the web.
"cellity has a very talented and innovative team, which we are very happy to have on board at Nokia. With this acquisition, we can accelerate our service development in some of our core areas," said Christof Hellmis, Vice President, Services, Nokia.
"We are excited that Nokia has chosen our team and technology. With our experience from building social networking solutions, we can help Nokia further develop their services offering," said Nils Weitemeyer, CEO of cellity.
The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2009. After closing, cellity staff will become part of Nokia's Services unit.
Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world's leading maker of mobile devices. Today, we are connecting people in new and different ways - fusing advanced mobile technology with personalized services to enable people to stay close to what matters to them. We also provide comprehensive digital map information through NAVTEQ; and equipment, solutions and services for communications networks through Nokia Siemens Networks.
Founded in October 2006, Hamburg, Germany-based cellity AG offers innovative services for aggregating address book data and connects all popular communication channels. Its innovative Address book 2.0 tool enables all contact data to be imported from a wide variety of sources (cellphone address books, Outlook, Twitter, social networks) to one place. Users can access the complete feature set from the cellity Communicator 2.0 interface, including conventional telephony, short text messaging, sending emails from their cellphone, free messaging, Twitter updates, communication with social networks and phone conferencing. The cellity Communicator 2.0 can be used on any cellphone or web browser and keeps data dependably secure and synchronized.
It should be noted that certain statements herein which are not historical facts, including, without limitation, those regarding: A) the timing of product, services and solution deliveries; B) our ability to develop, implement and commercialize new products, services, solutions and technologies; C) our ability to develop and grow our consumer Internet services business; D) expectations regarding market developments and structural changes; E) expectations regarding our mobile device volumes, market share, prices and margins; F) expectations and targets for our results of operations; G) the outcome of pending and threatened litigation; H) expectations regarding the successful completion of contemplated acquisitions on a timely basis and our ability to achieve the set targets upon the completion of such acquisitions; and I) statements preceded by "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "foresee," "target," "estimate," "designed," "plans," "will" or similar expressions are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's best assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it. Because they involve risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from the results that we currently expect. Factors that could cause these differences include, but are not limited to:
1) the deteriorating global economic conditions and related financial crisis and their impact on us, our customers and end-users of our products, services and solutions, our suppliers and collaborative partners;
2) the development of the mobile and fixed communications industry, as well as the growth and profitability of the new market segments that we target and our ability to successfully develop or acquire and market products, services and solutions in those segments;
3) the intensity of competition in the mobile and fixed communications industry and our ability to maintain or improve our market position or respond successfully to changes in the competitive landscape;
4) competitiveness of our product, services and solutions portfolio;
5) our ability to successfully manage costs;
6) exchange rate fluctuations, including, in particular, fluctuations between the euro, which is our reporting currency, and the US dollar, the Japanese yen, the Chinese yuan and the UK pound sterling, as well as certain other currencies;
7) the success, financial condition and performance of our suppliers, collaboration partners and customers;
8) our ability to source sufficient amounts of fully functional components, sub-assemblies, software and content without interruption and at acceptable prices;
9) the impact of changes in technology and our ability to develop or otherwise acquire and timely and successfully commercialize complex technologies as required by the market;
10) the occurrence of any actual or even alleged defects or other quality, safety or security issues in our products, services and solutions;
11) the impact of changes in government policies, trade policies, laws or regulations or political turmoil in countries where we do business;
12) our success in collaboration arrangements with others relating to development of technologies or new products, services and solutions;
13) our ability to manage efficiently our manufacturing and logistics, as well as to ensure the quality, safety, security and timely delivery of our products, services and solutions;
14) inventory management risks resulting from shifts in market demand;
15) our ability to protect the complex technologies, which we or others develop or that we license, from claims that we have infringed third parties' intellectual property rights, as well as our unrestricted use on commercially acceptable terms of certain technologies in our products, services and solutions;
16) our ability to protect numerous Nokia, NAVTEQ and Nokia Siemens Networks patented, standardized or proprietary technologies from third-party infringement or actions to invalidate the intellectual property rights of these technologies;
17) any disruption to information technology systems and networks that our operations rely on;
18) developments under large, multi-year contracts or in relation to major customers;
19) the management of our customer financing exposure;
20) our ability to retain, motivate, develop and recruit appropriately skilled employees;
21) whether, as a result of investigations into alleged violations of law by some former employees of Siemens AG ("Siemens"), government authorities or others take further actions against Siemens and/or its employees that may involve and affect the carrier-related assets and employees transferred by Siemens to Nokia Siemens Networks, or there may be undetected additional violations that may have occurred prior to the transfer, or violations that may have occurred after the transfer, of such assets and employees that could result in additional actions by government authorities;
22) any impairment of Nokia Siemens Networks customer relationships resulting from the ongoing government investigations involving the Siemens carrier-related operations transferred to Nokia Siemens Networks;
23) unfavorable outcome of litigations;
24) allegations of possible health risks from electromagnetic fields generated by base stations and mobile devices and lawsuits related to them, regardless of merit; as well as the risk factors specified on pages 11-28 of Nokia's annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2008 under Item 3D. "Risk Factors." Other unknown or unpredictable factors or underlying assumptions subsequently proving to be incorrect could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Nokia does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except to the extent legally required.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Financial Report for Q1 2021 (30.04.2021 16:20)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (15.04.2021 16:23)
- Nokia Corporation - Usnesení výroční VH a představenstva společnosti Nokia Corporation (13.04.2021 14:15)
- Nokia Corporation - Report on Form 20-F for 2020, published its Nokia in 2020 Annual Report (09.03.2021 14:26)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (11.02.2021 15:23)