Intel Reports Second-Quarter Results
- Second-Quarter Revenue $8.0 Billion, Up 12 Percent Sequentially
- Gross Margin 51 Percent, Up 5.5 Points Sequentially
- Charge of $1.45 Billion Associated with the European Commission (EC) Fine
- Non-GAAP Operating Income $1.4 Billion, GAAP Operating Loss $12 Million
- Non-GAAP Net Income $1.0 Billion, GAAP Net Loss $398 Million
- Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share 18 Cents, GAAP Loss Per Share 7 Cents
(note: Non-GAAP Figures Exclude Only the EC Fine)
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 14, 2009 - Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter revenue of $8.0 billion. Excluding the effects of the European Commission fine, the company had non-GAAP operating income of $1.4 billion, net income of $1.0 billion and EPS of 18 cents. On a GAAP-basis, the company reported an operating loss of $12 million, a net loss of $398 million and a loss per share of 7 cents.
"Intel's second-quarter results reflect improving conditions in the PC market segment with our strongest first- to second-quarter growth since 1988 and a clear expectation for a seasonally stronger second half," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "Intel's strategy of investing in new technologies and innovative products, combined with ongoing focus on operating efficiencies, continues to yield benefits that are evident in our strengthening financial performance."
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Additional information about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Intel Reports Third-Quarter 2022 Financial Results (01.11.2022 16:56)
- Intel Corporation - to Report Third-Quarter 2022 Financial Results (07.10.2022 14:11)
- Intel Corporation - Quarterly Cash Dividend (19.09.2022 12:53)
- Intel Corporation - Q2 2022 Intel Corporation Earnings (03.08.2022 11:55)
- Intel Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend (15.07.2022 13:43)