Vienna Insurance Group: Strong performance after first three quarters of 2022
Profit before taxes up by around 10%
• Premiums up significantly by 13.6% to EUR 9.5 billion
• Profit (before taxes) increased considerably by around 10% to EUR 413.4 million
• Combined ratio improved slightly to 95.1%
In the midst of major geopolitical and economic challenges, Vienna Insurance Group (VIG) has reported a very positive development for the first three quarters of 2022. All key figures improved again compared to the same period in the previous year.
“Of course, like any company, we are feeling the effects of the current situation, with inflation being the main factor here. The situation is leading to increased claims expenses among other things, thereby weighing on the development of the combined ratio. Nevertheless, we are confident that our strategy of broad diversification will enable us to effectively manage the inflation risk overall. A risk assessment has demonstrated that our largest markets in terms of volume are well positioned due to the measures taken and the current pricing policy. We remain confident in the long-term growth potential of the CEE region, especially as the current forecasts for this region are once again clearly above those for the eurozone.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Vienna Insurance Group - reports double-digit premium growth in first quarter of 2023 (01.06.2023 14:19)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Annual General Meeting 2023 (02.05.2023 16:38)
- Vienna Insurance Group reports significant premium and profit growth for 2022 (16.03.2023 14:58)
- Preliminary VIG Group net results in a range of EUR 460-470 mil. significantly above expectations (23.02.2023 15:22)
- Vienna Insurance Group applies for listing on the Budapest Stock Exchange (11.11.2022 16:21)