Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q2 and Half Year 2022
Good profitability supports full year outlook
- Q2 net sales increased 3% y-o-y in constant currency (+11% reported).
- Network Infrastructure net sales grew 12% in constant currency, with growth across all four businesses while Mobile Networks returned to growth despite ongoing supply chain constraints.
- Cloud and Network Services net sales were flat in constant currency while Nokia Technologies declined 25% as it continued to be impacted by expired licenses that are in the process of being renewed.
- Comparable gross margin of 40.6% and operating margin of 12.2%. Underlying profitability improved but was offset by Nokia Technologies and a one-off software deal in Mobile Networks in the prior year meaning margins declined y-o-y.
- Reported gross margin declined 80bps y-o-y to 40.2% and operating margin expanded 50bps y-o-y to 9.6% as the above factors impacting comparable margins were offset primarily by lower restructuring charges.
- Comparable diluted EPS of EUR 0.10; reported diluted EPS of EUR 0.08.
- Free cash flow negative EUR 0.1bn, net cash balance of EUR 4.5bn.
- Solid first half performance with 2% constant currency net sales growth and comparable operating margin of 11.6% (reported 8.2%), down slightly as timing effects in Nokia Technologies offset underlying profitability improvements.
- Full year 2022 net sales outlook is unchanged in constant currency. Full year net sales outlook applying 30 June 2022 exchange rates is EUR 23.5bn to EUR 24.7bn. Comparable operating margin guidance remains 11% to 13.5%.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q3 2023 (24.10.2023 14:38)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (31.08.2023 16:24)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q2 and Half Year 2023 (20.08.2023 17:09)
- Nokia and Apple sign long-term patent license agreement (03.07.2023 13:54)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q4 and full year 2022 (26.01.2023 14:35)