Volkswagen Financial Services report stable contract portfolio
- Half-year operating result totals EUR 1.16 billion (− 9.8 percent)
- Current portfolio grows to over 21.3 million contracts (+ 1.8 percent)
- New contracts during first half-year amount to 3.4 million (− 17.4 percent)
Under the conditions imposed by the global COVID-19 pandemic, Volkswagen Financial Services achieved an operating result of EUR 1.16 billion during the first six months of 2020 (previous year: EUR 1.28 billion; minus 9.8 percent). While the portfolio of current contracts had increased by the end of June this year compared to the respective point in time last year to reach more than 21.3 million units (plus 1.8 percent), the number of new contracts acquired in the first half-year declined year-on-year to 3.4 million units (minus 17.4 percent). "As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to accept a substantial drop in new contracts during the first half of the year. In addition, the operating result is adversely impacted by higher risk costs for credit and residual value risks, which are affecting the entire portfolio," says Frank Fiedler, CFO of Volkswagen Financial Services AG.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group recovers from Covid-19 slump in third quarter and confirms outlook (03.11.2020 16:43)
- Volkswagen Group returns to profitability (30.10.2020 15:58)
- Volkswagen AG - Dividend for 2019 (05.10.2020 16:02)
- Volkswagen AG - Annual General Meeting (30.09.2020 17:43)
- Volkswagen brand with effective crisis management in the first half of the year (04.08.2020 14:42)