Vienna Insurance Group adjusts goodwill for Bulgaria, Croatia and Georgia
Profit before taxes before goodwill impairment continues to develop positively
Based on the ESMA recommendation of May 2020 and the macroeconomic developments influenced by COVID-19, VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe executed an event-related impairment test at Group level. In view of the - currently not yet conclusively assessable - effects of the pandemic on medium- and long-term economic developments, the Executive Board decided to conduct scenario analyses for certain cash-generating unit groups within the framework of the traditionally cautious valuation policy of VIG Group. On the basis of this event-related goodwill review, goodwill impairments of about EUR 120 million are carried out for Bulgaria, Croatia and Georgia, which is particularly attributable to the significant increase in discount rates due to COVID-19.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Vienna Insurance Group - results for the first half-year 2021. (24.08.2021 15:00)
- Vienna Insurance Group - the results for the first half-year 2021 (20.08.2021 10:24)
- Vienna Insurance Group - 3M 2021 Results (25.05.2021 14:55)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Annual General Meeting 2021 (05.05.2021 16:06)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Group Annual Report 2020 (15.04.2021 16:15)