Volkswagen AG invests in battery operations at Salzgitter
- Joint venture with Northvolt AB gaining further momentum
- Volkswagen to erect buildings and infrastructure for joint battery cell factory in Salzgitter and makes initial investment of some €450 million
The joint venture between Volkswagen Group and the Swedish battery producer Northvolt AB is gaining further momentum. It has been decided that Volkswagen itself will erect the buildings and infrastructure for the joint venture’s “Northvolt Zwei” factory that is to produce lithium-ion battery cells, in order to leverage synergies at the Salzgitter site – based on the existing Center of Excellence for Battery Cells. Some €450 million is to be invested in this project. The joint venture will then rent the factory space. Battery cell production at the plant is scheduled to commence in early 2024 with an initial production capacity of 16 gigawatt hours.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group - Volkswagen Group strengthens market position in 2020 (13.01.2021 12:11)
- Volkswagen Group - positions and reorganisation of Group Board (16.12.2020 14:35)
- Volkswagen Group recovers from Covid-19 slump in third quarter and confirms outlook (03.11.2020 16:43)
- Volkswagen Group returns to profitability (30.10.2020 15:58)
- Volkswagen AG - Dividend for 2019 (05.10.2020 16:02)