McDonald's Reports Third Quarter 2019 Results
McDonald's Corporation today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
"Our third quarter performance was strong, and broad-based momentum continued with our 17th consecutive quarter of global comparable sales growth," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "Globally, our customers are rewarding our commitment of running better restaurants and executing our Velocity Growth Plan by visiting more often."
Third quarter highlights:
- Strong, global comparable sales of 5.9% demonstrated broad-based strength with the International Operated segment increase of 5.6%, the U.S. increase of 4.8%, and the International Developmental Licensed segment increase of 8.1%.
- Consolidated revenues increased $61.2 million or 1% (3% in constant currencies) to $5.4 billion.
- Systemwide sales increased $1.3 billion or 5% (7% in constant currencies) to $26.0 billion.*
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $2.11 was relatively flat with the prior year (increased 2% in constant currencies).**
- The Company returned $2.4 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. This brings the cumulative return to shareholders to $22.5 billion against our targeted return of about $25 billion for the three-year period ending 2019. In addition, the Company announced an 8% increase in its quarterly dividend to $1.25 per share beginning in the third quarter 2019.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.