McDonald's Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
McDonald's Corporation today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019.
"With the strong results we achieved in the second quarter, we have now experienced 16 consecutive quarters of positive global comparable sales," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "By putting our customers at the centre of all our efforts to run great restaurants, enhance the customer experience and provide delicious menu offerings, we will continue to successfully execute our Velocity Growth Plan."
Second quarter highlights:
- Global comparable sales increased 6.5%, reflecting strong comparable sales across all segments.
- Consolidated revenues were flat with the prior year (increased 3% in constant currencies), reflecting strong comparable sales, partly offset by the impact of refranchising.
- Systemwide sales increased 8% in constant currencies.
- Consolidated operating income increased 1% (4% in constant currencies).
- Diluted earnings per share of $1.97 increased 4% (7% in constant currencies), including $0.08 per share of strategic charges. Excluding these current year charges as well as the prior year strategic restructuring charges of $0.09 per share, diluted earnings per share was $2.05 for the quarter, an increase of 3% (7% in constant currencies).
- The Company returned $2.0 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- McDonald's Reports Second Quarter 2020 Results (29.07.2020 15:50)
- McDONALD'S ANNOUNCES QUARTERLY CASH DIVIDEND (24.07.2020 10:51)
- McDonald's Reports First Quarter 2020 Results (30.04.2020 14:39)
- McDonald's Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2019 Results And Quarterly Cash Dividend (29.01.2020 14:09)
- McDonald's Reports Third Quarter 2019 Results (24.10.2019 13:48)