MICROSOFT CORP. - Earnings Release FY18 Q1
REDMOND, Wash. — October 26, 2017 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the following results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017:
- Revenue was $24.5 billion and increased 12%
- Operating income was $7.7 billion and increased 15%
- Net income was $6.6 billion and increased 16%
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.84 and increased 17%
“This quarter we exceeded $20 billion in commercial cloud ARR, outpacing the goal we set just over two years ago,” said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer at Microsoft. “Our results reflect accelerating innovation and increased usage and engagement across our businesses as customers continue to choose Microsoft to help them transform.”
Microsoft returned $4.8 billion to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends in the first quarter of fiscal year 2018. During the quarter, the company announced an 8% increase in its quarterly dividend to $0.42 per share.
“Our strong start to the fiscal year reflects the impact of our continued investment in product innovation and sales capacity to capture expanding market opportunities,” said Amy Hood, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Microsoft.
Revenue in Productivity and Business Processes was $8.2 billion and increased 28% (up 28% in constant currency), with the following business highlights:
- Office commercial products and cloud services revenue increased 10% (up 10% in constant currency) driven by Office 365 commercial revenue growth of 42% (up 42% in constant currency)
- Office consumer products and cloud services revenue increased 12% (up 10% in constant currency) and Office 365 consumer subscribers increased to 28.0 million
- Dynamics products and cloud services revenue increased 13% (up 12% in constant currency) driven by Dynamics 365 revenue growth of 69% (up 69% in constant currency)
- LinkedIn contributed revenue of $1.1 billion during the quarter
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.