McDonald's Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results
OAK BROOK, Ill., Oct. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's Corporation today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2017.
"We are serving more customers, more often by offering great tasting food at a good value with the quick service and friendly hospitality they expect from McDonald's," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "Our positive comparable sales and guest counts across all of our operating segments during the third quarter demonstrate broad-based momentum throughout our business that builds upon our strong first half of 2017."
Third quarter highlights:
- Global comparable sales increased 6.0%, reflecting positive guest counts in all segments
- Due to the impact of the Company's strategic refranchising initiative, consolidated revenues decreased 10% (12% in constant currencies)
- Systemwide sales increased 7% in constant currencies, due to strong comparable sales performance and restaurant expansion
- Consolidated operating income increased 44% (42% in constant currencies), which benefited from a gain of approximately $850 million on the sale of the Company's businesses in China and Hong Kong. Excluding the impact of the gain, as well as unrelated strategic charges, consisting of current quarter and prior year restructuring and non-cash impairment charges in connection with the Company's global G&A and refranchising initiatives, consolidated operating income increased 5% (3% in constant currencies), primarily due to strong comparable sales performance across all segments
- Diluted earnings per share of $2.32 increased 55% (53% in constant currencies). Excluding the impact of the current year gain and these unrelated strategic charges, which total $0.56 per share, diluted earnings per share was $1.76. Excluding these 2017 items as well as the $0.12 per share of prior year strategic charges, the Company's diluted earnings per share increased 9% (7% in constant currencies)
- Returned $2.9 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. In addition, the Company announced a 7% increase in its quarterly dividend to $1.01 beginning in the fourth quarter, demonstrating management's continued confidence in the Company's performance
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- McDonald's Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2019 Results And Quarterly Cash Dividend (29.01.2020 14:09)
- McDonald's Reports Third Quarter 2019 Results (24.10.2019 13:48)
- McDonald's Raises Quarterly Cash Dividend By 8% (25.09.2019 09:56)
- McDonald's Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results (26.07.2019 15:29)
- McDonald's Reports First Quarter 2019 Results (03.05.2019 13:22)