McDonald's Reports First Quarter 2017 Results
OAK BROOK, Ill., April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's Corporation today announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2017.
"Our efforts to build a better McDonald's are yielding meaningful results with continued positive momentum and a strong start to 2017 that includes positive comparable sales across all segments, higher global guest counts and enhanced profitability," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook. "There's a sense of urgency across the business as we take actions to retain existing customers, regain lapsed customers and convert casual customers to committed customers. We're continuing to build a more personalized and enjoyable visit, which delights customers with the taste and quality of our food and offers the highest level of convenience, in order to gain traffic in an increasingly competitive industry and deliver profitable growth for our System and shareholders."
First quarter highlights:
- Global comparable sales increased 4.0%, reflecting positive comparable sales in all segments while up against an extra day in 2016 due to leap year
- Consolidated revenues decreased 4% (3% in constant currencies), due to the impact of refranchising
- Consolidated operating income increased 14% (16% in constant currencies)
- Diluted earnings per share of $1.47 increased 18% (19% in constant currencies)
- Returned $1.6 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends, in connection with our target to return between $22 and $24 billion to shareholders for the three-year period ending 2019
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.