Vienna Insurance Group 1.-3. Quarter 2015
ALL MARKETS PROVIDE POSITIVE OPERATING RESULTS; PROFIT BEFORE TAXES BURDENED BY IMPAIRMENT OF IT SYSTEMS
- Premiums (excluding single-premium products) show solid increase of 2.5%
- Excellent combined ratio of 96.9%
- Operating profit EUR 370.3 million
- Profit (before taxes) after impairment EUR 175.3 million
Vienna Insurance Group continues to focus on developing profitable lines of business. These mainly include property and casualty (+0.9 percent) and regular-premium life insurance products, which recorded significant growth of 5.8 percent. The Group continues to exercise restraint in the single-premium business due to the current interest rate environment. This led to a total decline of 5.2 percent in life insurance. In the first nine months, Vienna Insurance Group generated total premiums of EUR 6.9 billion (-1.8 percent). Without single-premium products, this represents a solid increase of 2.5 percent.
Once again, all Vienna Insurance Group markets made positive contributions to the result. The Vienna Insurance Group Remaining Markets region earned a record result of EUR 48.6 million, an increase of 10.5 percent.
Vienna Insurance Group further reduced its combined ratio (after reinsurance) to excellent 96.9 percent.
Vienna Insurance Group held EUR 31.6 billion in investments (including cash and cash equivalents) as at 30 September 2015. The Group financial result was EUR 797.3 million (-7.1 percent).
Operating profit was EUR 370.3 million. The decline in the ordinary financial result due to the ongoing low level of interest rates, which also made it necessary to form a precaution for personnel provisions in Austria, as well as the interest expense for the subordinated bond issued in March 2015 affected the result.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Vienna Insurance Group - Half-year results 2020 (01.09.2020 17:00)
- Vienna Insurance Group adjusts goodwill for Bulgaria, Croatia and Georgia (12.08.2020 14:48)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Bank Conference, Investor Presentation (23.06.2020 14:53)
- Vienna Insurance Group - Bank Conference, Investor Presentation (16.06.2020 11:05)
- Vienna Insurance Group - premiums increase in the first quarter of 2020 (20.05.2020 13:33)