Deutsche Telekom combines strategic venture capital investments in new unit
Deutsche Telekom today launched Deutsche Telekom Strategic Investments (DTSI), a new unit designed to streamline and accelerate investment in technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) innovation.
DTSI is the natural evolution of T-Venture, Deutsche Telekom's strategic venture capital group. Founded in 1997, with a cumulative budget volume of over 750 million Euro, T-Venture is one of the largest corporate venture funds in the technology industry. The firm has made over 200 investments and currently manages a portfolio of around 90 companies, including several 'unicorns'.
T-Venture is the foundation of DTSI, which will also include Telekom Innovation Pool (TIP), another Deutsche Telekom strategic investment fund. The combined unit will have over 360 million Euro in capital under management.
"Recognizing that Silicon Valley is no longer a region, it is a high-velocity platform, DTSI will allow us to deliver a more agile and consistent engagement model to startups seeking access to our strategic capital," said Vicente Vento, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of T-Venture. "Through DTSI, we're intensifying our commitment to support and encourage breakthrough innovation that produces new and exciting customer services and solutions".
DTSI is operational effective immediately. The group will manage the existing T-Venture portfolio, including follow-on investment; the T-Venture brand will be subsumed by that of DTSI.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results third quarter 2020 (13.11.2020 12:26)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results second quarter 2020 (13.08.2020 13:51)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results first quarter 2020 (19.05.2020 15:45)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Virtual shareholders' meeting of Deutsche Telekom on June 19 (30.04.2020 12:27)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders‘ Meeting postponed (24.03.2020 10:19)