Volkswagen AG announces action plan to refit diesel vehicles with EA 189 EU5 engines
- New vehicles with EU6 engines currently available not affected
- Technical solutions being developed and will be presented to responsible authorities before end of October
Volkswagen AG is announcing its action plan to correct the emissions characteristics of diesel vehicles.
In a first step, the customers affected will be informed that the emissions characteristics of their vehicles will be corrected in the near future. All vehicles are technically safe and roadworthy.
Under the action plan, Volkswagen and the other Group brands whose vehicles are affected will present the technical solutions and measures to the responsible authorities in October. Customers with these vehicles will be kept informed over the coming weeks and months. All of the Group brands affected will set up national websites to update customers on developments.
An internal evaluation on Friday established that a service procedure is required for some five million vehicles from the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand out of a total eleven million Group vehicles worldwide. These vehicles from certain models and model years (such as the sixth generation Volkswagen Golf, the seventh generation Volkswagen Passat or the first generation Volkswagen Tiguan) are fitted with Type EA 189 diesel engines.
Source: VW website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Financial Services report stable contract portfolio (14.08.2020 12:40)
- Volkswagen brand with effective crisis management in the first half of the year (04.08.2020 14:42)
- Volkswagen AG invests in battery operations at Salzgitter (12.05.2020 13:03)
- Volkswagen AG - Interim Report January - March 2020 (05.05.2020 13:04)
- The Volkswagen Group recorded a substantial impact on its business (30.04.2020 15:08)