Deutsche Telekom acquires remaining 49%-stake in Slovak Telekom
- Acquisition in line with DT Group strategy to become the leading integrated pan-European telco operator
- Obtaining full ownership of the Slovakian quad-play leader
- Transaction further optimizes DT Group portfolio
Deutsche Telekom is acquiring the 49-percent stake of Slovak Telekom that it does not already own for a purchase price of EUR 900 million, corresponding to a multiple of 3.8x EV/EBITDA. The shares are currently owned by the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic.
"As the only operator in Slovakia with quad-play capabilities, Slovak Telekom is a highly attractive asset," commented Claudia Nemat, Board Member for Europe and Technology at Deutsche Telekom. "It is the market leader in fixed line, fixed broadband and pay-TV, as well as the second largest mobile player in Slovakia. Furthermore, it is the second of our subsidiaries to already offer an all-IP network, and with the recent introduction of its Magenta One converged fixed mobile services continues to be at the forefront of innovation within our Group."
The acquisition of the remaining shares allows for simplification of the capital and governance structure of Slovak Telekom. In addition, the transaction eliminates the cash leakage from dividend payouts to minority shareholders going forward.
Slovak Telekom is already a fully consolidated subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom. The transaction has no impact on Group revenue and EBITDA. However, the acquisition of the remaining shares leads to an increase in earnings per share attributable to the shareholders of Deutsche Telekom. Under the terms of the agreement, €100m of the purchase price will be set aside in an escrow account for a specific time period.
The transaction is not subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to be completed in the coming weeks.
Morgan Stanley and Clifford Chance acted as advisors to Deutsche Telekom.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results second quarter 2020 (13.08.2020 13:51)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results first quarter 2020 (19.05.2020 15:45)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Virtual shareholders' meeting of Deutsche Telekom on June 19 (30.04.2020 12:27)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders‘ Meeting postponed (24.03.2020 10:19)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders' Meeting (28.02.2020 11:35)