Nokia Corporation Report for Q4 2014 and Full Year 2014
This is a summary of the Nokia Corporation report for Q4 2014 and full year 2014 published today. The complete fourth quarter and full year 2014 report with tables is available at http://company.nokia.com/en/financials. Investors should not rely on summaries of our interim reports only, but should review the complete reports with tables.
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Fourth quarter 2014 highlights:
- Non-IFRS diluted EPS in Q4 2014 of EUR 0.09 (EUR 0.08 in Q4 2013); reported diluted EPS of EUR 0.08 (EUR 0.05 in Q4 2013)
- Net sales in Q4 2014 of EUR 3.8 billion (EUR 3.5 billion in Q4 2013)
- Nokia Networks achieved 8% year-on-year growth in net sales, from EUR 3.1 billion in Q4 2013 to EUR 3.4 billion in Q4 2014, primarily due to strong performance in North America.
- Nokia Networks achieved strong underlying operating profitability with non-IFRS operating profit of EUR 470 million, or 14.0% of net sales, compared to EUR 349 million, or 11.2% of net sales, in Q4 2013.
- Mobile Broadband achieved 13% year-on-year increase in net sales, driven by strong growth in overall core networking technologies and modest growth in overall radio technologies. Within radio technologies, strong year-on-year growth in LTE was partially offset by a decline in mature radio technologies.
- Global Services returned to year-on-year growth for the first time since Q4 2012, with net sales up by 3% and particularly strong growth in the strategically important systems integration business line.
- HERE achieved 15% year-on-year growth in net sales, from EUR 255 million in Q4 2013 to EUR 292 million in Q4 2014, primarily due to HERE's leading market position and positive trends in the automotive market.
- In Q4 2014, HERE sold map data licenses for the embedded navigation systems of 3.9 million new vehicles, compared to 3.2 million vehicles in Q4 2013.
- Nokia Technologies achieved 23% year-on-year growth in net sales, from EUR 121 million in Q4 2013 to EUR 149 million in Q4 2014, primarily due to Microsoft becoming a more significant intellectual property licensee in conjunction with the sale of substantially all of Nokia's Devices & Services business to Microsoft, as well as higher intellectual property licensing income from certain other licensees.
- In Q4 2014, Nokia Technologies non-IFRS operating expenses increased both year-on-year and sequentially primarily due to investments in business activities, which target new and significant long-term growth opportunities, as well as increased activities related to anticipated and ongoing patent licensing cases.
Full year 2014 highlights:
- Nokia's full year 2014 non-IFRS diluted EPS grew by 40% to EUR 0.28 (EUR 0.20 in 2013); reported diluted EPS of EUR 0.30 (EUR 0.05 in 2013)
- Nokia's full year 2014 net sales of EUR 12.7 billion (EUR 12.7 billion in 2013)
- Nokia Board of Directors will propose a dividend of EUR 0.14 per share for 2014 (EUR 0.11 per share for 2013, in addition to which a special dividend of EUR 0.26 per share was paid in 2014)
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation financial calendar for 2021 (30.12.2020 16:40)
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q3 and January-September 2020 (30.10.2020 16:04)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (14.10.2020 17:06)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q2 and Half Year 2020 (31.07.2020 11:00)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (13.07.2020 14:32)