McDonald's Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
Second Quarter results included:
- Global comparable sales were relatively flat, reflecting higher average check and negative guest traffic in all major segments
- Consolidated revenues increase of 1% (1% in constant currencies), benefiting from expansion
- Consolidated operating income was flat (decrease of 1% in constant currencies)
- Diluted earnings per share of $1.40, an increase of 1% (1% in constant currencies), benefiting from a decrease in diluted weighted average shares outstanding
- Returned $1.6 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases, in connection with our $18-$20 billion, 3-year cash return target
In the U.S., second quarter comparable sales decreased 1.5% while operating income rose 1%. Results for the quarter reflected negative comparable guest traffic amid ongoing broad-based challenges. Looking ahead, McDonald's U.S. is intent on strengthening the overall customer experience to effectively position the segment for long-term growth. Key areas of focus include service excellence, enhanced marketing, and value, core menu and breakfast daypart initiatives.
More information at McDonald's website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- McDonald's - 2021 Q3 and Q4 Dividends (30.09.2021 09:20)
- McDonald's - 2021 Q2 Dividends and Earnings Release (27.07.2021 11:36)
- McDonald's - 2021 Q1 Dividends (05.05.2021 16:24)
- McDonald's - Q1 Earnings Release (30.04.2021 16:59)
- McDonald's Reports Fourth Quarter 2020 Results (03.02.2021 12:16)