Deutsche Telekom closes acquisition of GTS Central Europe
- Deutsche Telekom begins operational integration with GTS
- Customers and employees to benefit
Deutsche Telekom has officially closed its acquisition of GTS Central Europe. This marks the first step in bringing the two organizations together. Danny Bottoms, who was GTS CEO prior to the acquisition, will continue leading GTS in the future. The full operational integration is expected to be completed in the Czech Republic, Poland and the International Business Unit of Deutsche Telekom for October, while legal unity is planned for January 1, 2015.
"With the acquisition complete, we look forward to integrating GTS' business-to-business expertise with our industry-leading technologies and vast European network to become the provider of choice for business customers. The GTS acquisition supports the implementation of our strategy to strengthen and further develop our B2B local and pan-European business including international Wholesale customers," said Claudia Nemat, Board Member Europe and Technology at Deutsche Telekom. "Most importantly, we want to preserve GTS' know-how and combine its business approach with the core strengths of Deutsche Telekom."
"We are happy we can now start with the integration process at full speed. The combination of GTS with the resources of DT will enable us to provide customers with more services that simplify their business," said Danny Bottoms, CEO of GTS. "GTS employees are the foundation of our success and I look forward to achieving more with them at Deutsche Telekom."
The GTS transaction closed on May 30, 2014 and Deutsche Telekom begins consolidation of the GTS Group as of that date. The press conference providing more details on the integration of the two companies is scheduled for June 11 in Warsaw, Poland.
More information at Deutsche Telekom website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results second quarter 2020 (13.08.2020 13:51)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results first quarter 2020 (19.05.2020 15:45)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Virtual shareholders' meeting of Deutsche Telekom on June 19 (30.04.2020 12:27)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders‘ Meeting postponed (24.03.2020 10:19)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders' Meeting (28.02.2020 11:35)