CME announces the closing of its rights offering and refinancing of its 2016 notes
Pursuant to the rights offering, backstop purchase commitment and private placement, CME issued $400.0 million in aggregate original principal amount of 15.0% senior secured notes due 2017 and unit warrants to purchase an aggregate of 84,000,000 shares of its Class A Common Stock at an exercise price of $1.00 per share. CME applied net proceeds from these transactions of approximately $386.2 million and a portion of the $30.0 million term loan to redeem and discharge today the EUR 272,972,000 aggregate principal amount of its 11.625% senior notes due 2016.
In connection with these transactions, CME issued warrants to Time Warner to purchase an aggregate of 30.0 million shares of Class A Common Stock at an exercise price of $1.00 per share. Time Warner and CME also entered into a $115.0 million senior secured revolving credit facility agreement. Following the closing of these transactions, Time Warner's economic ownership in the Company is approximately 75.1% (after giving effect to the accretion of the Series B Convertible Preferred Stock through May 2, 2014).
In a joint statement Michael Del Nin and Christoph Mainusch, Co-Chief Executive Officers of CME, said: "We are very appreciative of the continued support demonstrated by Time Warner and our other shareholders. We are pleased with the results of the rights offering and the other financing transactions and believe that CME is now on much better footing as we work to continue building the value of our leading brands."
Jeff Bewkes, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Time Warner, said: "We are pleased that with our additional investment in the Company, CME's management can focus on executing its strategy across all of their core markets. We have full confidence in the management team to execute on its operational priorities."
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
Press release (ENG)
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Central European Media Enterprises Announces Expected Merger Closing Date (07.10.2020 07:10)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the Three Months Ended March 31, 2020 (22.04.2020 11:09)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the Full Year and 4Q (06.02.2020 10:01)
- Central European Media Enterprises to Be Acquired by PPF (30.10.2019 08:26)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the 3Q and Nine Months Ended (17.10.2019 15:00)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. Reports Results for the 2Q and Six Month (24.07.2019 15:35)