Nokia files writ to protest Tamil Nadu tax department claim
Nokia considers the claim to be completely without merit and counter to domestic tax laws. In India, exports are by law exempt from tax, and Nokia has proved consistently that devices produced at Chennai are exported abroad. Indeed, the company has been regularly assessed and audited by the tax authorities since 2006 without incident, and it has also won numerous export awards from governmental organisations.
It is absurd that the Tamil Nadu tax authority is now claiming that devices made in Chennai were not exported and were instead sold domestically in India. We contend that this allegation has no basis in reality whatsoever; it could easily be rebuffed by a check of documentation provided to various governmental departments including Customs.
Nokia will defend itself vigorously in this matter.
See more at Nokia website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Resolutions of Nokia Corporation's Annual General Meeting 2020 (28.05.2020 15:51)
- Nokia Corporation’s Annual General Meeting 2020 (14.05.2020 13:07)
- Nokia Corporation Interim Report for Q1 (30.04.2020 14:57)
- Nokia cancels Annual General Meeting (18.03.2020 12:21)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q3 and January-September 2019 (06.02.2020 07:05)