Nokia files writ to protest Tamil Nadu tax department claim
Nokia considers the claim to be completely without merit and counter to domestic tax laws. In India, exports are by law exempt from tax, and Nokia has proved consistently that devices produced at Chennai are exported abroad. Indeed, the company has been regularly assessed and audited by the tax authorities since 2006 without incident, and it has also won numerous export awards from governmental organisations.
It is absurd that the Tamil Nadu tax authority is now claiming that devices made in Chennai were not exported and were instead sold domestically in India. We contend that this allegation has no basis in reality whatsoever; it could easily be rebuffed by a check of documentation provided to various governmental departments including Customs.
Nokia will defend itself vigorously in this matter.
See more at Nokia website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Financial Report for Q1 2021 (30.04.2021 16:20)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (15.04.2021 16:23)
- Nokia Corporation - Usnesení výroční VH a představenstva společnosti Nokia Corporation (13.04.2021 14:15)
- Nokia Corporation - Report on Form 20-F for 2020, published its Nokia in 2020 Annual Report (09.03.2021 14:26)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (11.02.2021 15:23)