Deutsche Telekom acquires remaining shares of T-Mobile Czech Republic
- Natural step to full ownership of an already fully consolidated and controlled subsidiary
- Supports transformation of DT Group into leading integrated Pan-European operator
Deutsche Telekom is acquiring the remaining 39.23-percent stake of T-Mobile Czech Republic for a purchase price of EUR 0.8 billion. The shares are currently owned by a consortium of investors led by funds managed or advised by private equity group Mid Europa Partners.
"The acquisition of the remaining shares is a natural step towards optimizing our portfolio and supports our transformation into the leading integrated Pan-European operator," commented Claudia Nemat, Board Member for Europe and Technology at Deutsche Telekom. "The Czech Republic is an important market for Deutsche Telekom due to its size and structure. With the ongoing integration of T-Systems Czech Republic and the planned combination with the Czech operations of GTS Group, T-Mobile Czech Republic is on a clear strategic path to enhance its fixed-line capabilities and foster its market position in B2B."
The acquisition of the remaining shares enables a simplification of the capital and governance structure of T-Mobile Czech Republic. In addition, the transaction provides financial benefits, such as the savings of annual dividend payments to the minority shareholders and an increase in net profit.
T-Mobile Czech Republic is already fully consolidated by Deutsche Telekom - therefore the transaction will have no impact on Group revenue and EBITDA.
The transaction is not subject to regulatory approvals.
Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and Clifford Chance acted as advisor to Deutsche Telekom.
More info at Deutsche Telekom website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Deutsche Telekom continues to grow and raises guidance for the 2021 year again (24.08.2021 14:35)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results first quarter 2021 (13.05.2021 13:49)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders' Meeting (18.03.2021 15:36)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Full year results 2020 (02.03.2021 13:47)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results third quarter 2020 (13.11.2020 12:26)