Deutsche Telekom acquires GTS Central Europe
- Enhanced ability to provide innovative pan-European cross-border telecommunication services for business customers
- Acquisition complements Deutsche Telekom's mobile centric infrastructure in key European markets
- Strengthened position in the market for multinational customers
Deutsche Telekom is strengthening its position in the business-to-business segment by acquiring GTS Central Europe ("GTS"), for a total consideration of Euro 546 million. With GTS, Deutsche Telekom is enhancing its ability to offer pan-European telecommunication services as well as integrated products in countries where Deutsche Telekom currently maintains limited fixed-line access network infrastructure.
"We are investing against the trend. GTS is a further element for developing our integrated market position comprising mobile and fixed-line network services. Strengthening our position with business customers is also a core element of our strategy," said Timotheus Höttges, Chief Financial Officer at Deutsche Telekom.
"This acquisition enhances our ability to provide innovative pan-European cross-border telecommunications services. Our existing mobile-centric national companies in the Czech Republic and Poland will benefit most from the added fixed-line infrastructure. Therefore, GTS is an ideal addition to our portfolio," commented Claudia Nemat, Board member for Europe and Technology at Deutsche Telekom.
GTS is one of the top infrastructure-based telecommunications service providers in Central and Eastern Europe. The company has extensive network and data center infrastructure, as well as a strong portfolio of services focused on business customers. In 2012, GTS achieved revenues of Euro 347 million and EBITDA of Euro 87 million pro-forma excluding the Slovak assets, which will be retained by the sellers as part of the transaction.
Deutsche Telekom is acquiring GTS from a consortium of international private equity firms, including Columbia Capital, HarbourVest Partners, Innova Capital and M/C Partners, who have actively developed the company over the last six years. GTS' existing and prospective customers will benefit greatly from the backing by Deutsche Telekom, including its far reaching European and global network, access to fixed and mobile services and its financial resources. Complete business continuity for all customers will be ensured.
"We see Deutsche Telekom as the best partner for GTS and are excited about the benefits and opportunities this will create for our customers and employees," said Danny Bottoms, CEO of GTS.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.
More at Deutsche Telekom website
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results second quarter 2020 (13.08.2020 13:51)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Financial results first quarter 2020 (19.05.2020 15:45)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Virtual shareholders' meeting of Deutsche Telekom on June 19 (30.04.2020 12:27)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders‘ Meeting postponed (24.03.2020 10:19)
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG - Shareholders' Meeting (28.02.2020 11:35)