Nokia's Extraordinary General Meetin Relocated to Helsinki Ice Hall
The schedule and content of the meeting remain unchanged. More information about the meeting is available below, in the new Notice of the Extraordinary General Meeting, which replaces and cancels the Notice dated September 18, 2013.
The Extraordinary General Meeting starts at 2:00 p.m. The doors at Helsinki Ice Hall will open at 12:00 noon. The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting will commence at 12:00 noon.
The meeting will be conducted primarily in Finnish, and simultaneous translation will be available into Swedish and English, and as necessary, into Finnish.
NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is given to the shareholders of Nokia Corporation (the "Company") of an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at Helsinki Ice Hall, Nordenskiöldinkatu 11-13, 00250 Helsinki, Finland. The reception of persons who have registered for the Extraordinary General Meeting will commence at 12:00 noon.
A. Matters on the agenda of the Extraordinary General Meeting
At the Extraordinary General Meeting (also referred to as the "Meeting") the following matters will be considered:
- Opening of the Meeting
- Matters of order for the Meeting
- Election of the persons to confirm the minutes and to verify the counting of votes
- Recording the legal convening of the Meeting and quorum
- Recording the attendance at the Meeting and adoption of the list of votes
- Proposal of the Board of Directors to confirm and approve the Sale of the Devices & Services Business. The Company has entered into a Stock and Asset Purchase Agreement, dated as of September 2, 2013 (the "Purchase Agreement"), by and between the Company and Microsoft International Holdings B.V. ("Microsoft International"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft"). Under the Purchase Agreement, the Company will sell substantially all of its Devices & Services Business, including assets and liabilities to the extent primarily related thereto, to Microsoft International for an aggregate purchase price of EUR 3.79 billion in cash, subject to certain adjustments, to be paid upon the consummation of the transactions contemplated by the Purchase Agreement, which is expected to take place in the first quarter of 2014 (the transactions contemplated by the Purchase Agreement collectively the "Sale of the Devices & Services Business"). The confirmation and approval of the Company's Extraordinary General Meeting is a condition to the consummation of the Sale of the Devices & Services Business. The Board of Directors proposes and recommends that the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders confirm and approve the Sale of the Devices & Services Business. More information about the Purchase Agreement is contained in the Company's stock exchange releases concerning the sale dated September 3, 2013, and in the proxy materials dated September 18, 2013, available on the Company's website www.nokia.com/gm. In addition, pursuant to a mutual patent license agreement (the "Patent License Agreement") between the Company and Microsoft, the Company will grant Microsoft a 10-year license to certain of the Company's patents upon consummation of the Sale of the Devices & Services Business, and Microsoft will grant the Company reciprocal rights to certain of Microsoft's patents for use in Nokia's HERE business and make a payment of EUR 1.55 billion in cash to the Company and, as consideration for the unilateral right to extend the term of the Patent License Agreement to perpetuity, an additional EUR 100 million payment to the Company. Additionally, Microsoft will become a strategic licensee of the HERE location platform, and will pay the Company separately for the services provided under this license. These licensing arrangements become effective upon consummation of the Sale of the Devices & Services Business. The Company is not seeking the Extraordinary General Meeting's approval of the Patent License Agreement or the HERE licensing arrangement.
- Closing of the Meeting
B. Documents of the Extraordinary General Meeting
The proposal of the Board of Directors, this notice and the proxy materials with more detailed information on the proposal to be voted on, including Nokia Group unaudited pro forma financial information, are available on the Company's website at www.nokia.com/gm. The "Nokia in 2012" publication, which includes the Company's Annual Accounts for the financial year 2012, as well as interim reports published in 2013 are also available on the above-mentioned website. The interim report for the third quarter 2013 and January -September 2013 is expected to be available on said website on October 29, 2013. The proposal of the Board of Directors, the proxy materials and the stock exchange releases dated September 3, 2013 will also be available at the Meeting. Copies of the proxy materials and of this notice will be sent to shareholders upon request.
See more at NOKIA WEBSITE
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Exercises with stock options of Nokia Corporation (09.01.2019 11:05)
- Nokia Corporation financial calendar for 2019 (21.12.2018 15:53)
- NOKIA CORPORATION - Q3 Earnings materials (25.10.2018 15:54)
- NOKIA CORPORATION - Financial Report for Q2 and Half Year 2018 (01.08.2018 14:37)
- Nokia to publish second-quarter and half-year 2018 results on July 26, 2018 (20.07.2018 16:16)