Changes to the Management Board of Erste Group
- Manfred Wimmer, Chief Financial Officer to retire as of 1 September 2013
- Gernot Mittendorfer, currently Chief Risk Officer, will take over as CFO
- Andreas Gottschling, previously Head of Risk Management at Deutsche Bank, will be appointed new CRO
Manfred Wimmer will be leaving the Management Board at his own request and retire as of 1 September 2013. Gernot Mittendorfer, currently CRO, will succeed him as Chief Financial Officer. Andreas Gottschling, Head of Risk Analytics and Operational Risk Management at Deutsche Bank until recently, will take over the CRO position at Erste Group as of 1 September and will join the management team led by Andreas Treichl.
Andreas Gottschling began his career in 1997 at Deutsche Bank AG where he headed the Quantitative Analysis team until 2000. After a stint as advisor at Euroquants and professor of finance at the Washington State University in 2003, he moved to LGT Capital Management, where he headed the quantitative research team until 2005. From 2005 to 2012 he was managing director at Deutsche Bank. His principal areas of responsibility covered various risk management aspects, including strategic analysis and operational management, as well as the selection of risk instruments. Currently Gottschling is a senior adviser with McKinsey, focussing on financial institutions risk management. Gottschling studied at Harvard University and the University of California San Diego, where he studied with, among others, Nobel laureates R. Engle, C. Granger and E. Maskin. Gottschling is German, married and father of two children.
Wolfgang Schopf, currently Head of Group Performance Management, will be appointed Chief Financial Officer on the Board of Česká spořitelna as of 1 August 2013. Wolfgang Schopf has worked for Erste Group since 1980. He started his career in accounting at Girozentrale. After the merger with Erste Bank, Schopf became Deputy Head of Accounting and in 2004 Head of Controlling. He then went on to develop and implement the Group Performance Management program, which he is currently leading.
The appointments are contingent on the approval of the different market authorities.
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
Press release (ENG)
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Erste Group generates net profit of 783 mn euros in Corona-impacted year (02.03.2021 14:20)
- Erste Group - Q3 2020 results (03.11.2020 12:13)
- Erste Group: H1 2020 results (31.07.2020 11:02)
- Erste Group - Q1 2020 results (30.04.2020 12:37)
- Erste Group suspends FY2020 financial guidance on lack of predictability (07.04.2020 13:30)