Nokia Corporation Q1 2013 Interim Report
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Nokia Group non-IFRS EPS in Q1 2013 was EUR -0.02; reported EPS was EUR -0.07.
- Nokia Group achieved underlying operating profitability for the third consecutive quarter, with a Q1 non-IFRS operating margin of 3.1%.
- Devices & Services achieved underlying profitability for the second consecutive quarter, with a Q1 non-IFRS operating margin of 0.1%. Devices & Services benefitted from a strong focus on cost as well as the reversal of approximately EUR 50 million of previously recognized inventory related allowances in Q1.
- Nokia Siemens Networks achieved underlying profitability for the fourth consecutive quarter, with a Q1 non-IFRS operating margin of 7.0%. Nokia Siemens Networks benefitted from strong gross margin performance in Q1.
Nokia Group net sales in Q1 2013 were EUR 5.9 billion
- Devices & Services Q1 net sales decreased 25% quarter-on-quarter to EUR 2.9 billion.
- Lumia Q1 volumes increased 27% quarter-on-quarter to 5.6 million units, reflecting increasing momentum.
- Mobile Phones Q1 volumes decreased 30% quarter-on-quarter to 55.8 million units, reflecting competitive industry dynamics and an estimated higher than normal seasonal decline in the market addressable by Mobile Phones.
- Nokia Siemens Networks net sales decreased 30% quarter-on-quarter to EUR 2.8 billion, reflecting industry seasonality.
Nokia Group net cash higher quarter-on-quarter
- Nokia Group ends first quarter 2013 with a strong balance sheet and solid cash position. Gross cash was EUR 10.1 billion and net cash was EUR 4.5 billion.
- Nokia Group strengthened its net cash position by approximately EUR 120 million sequentially. Nokia Siemens Networks contributed approximately EUR 210 million to the Nokia Group net cash position.
Commenting on the results, Stephen Elop, Nokia CEO, said:
"At the highest level, we are pleased that Nokia Group achieved underlying operating profitability for the third quarter in a row. While operating in a highly competitive environment, Nokia is executing our strategy with urgency and managing our costs very well.
We have areas where we are making progress, and areas where we are further increasing the focus. For example, people are responding positively to the Lumia portfolio, and our volumes are increasing quarter over quarter. Nokia Siemens Networks delivered another strong quarter and contributed to an overall improvement in Nokia Group's cash position. On the other hand, our Mobile Phones business faces a difficult competitive environment, and we are taking tactical actions and bringing new innovation to market to address our challenges.
All of these efforts are aimed at improving our financial performance and delivering more value to our shareholders."
Complete first quarter 2013 interim report with tables is available here
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia extends partnership with T-Mobile Polska in ten-year deal (22.03.2022 13:03)
- Nokia Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 21.03.2022 (22.03.2022 12:59)
- Nokia Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 22.02.2022 (23.02.2022 10:45)
- Nokia Corporation - announces share buyback program (03.02.2022 10:48)
- Nokia Corporation - Report for Q4 and full year 2021 (03.02.2022 10:41)