Intel Reports First-Quarter Revenue of $12.6 Billion
"Amidst market softness, Intel performed well in the first quarter and I'm excited about what lies ahead for the company," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "We shipped our next generation PC microprocessors, introduced a new family of products for micro-servers and will ship our new tablet and smartphone microprocessors early this quarter. We are working with our customers to introduce innovative new products across multiple operating systems. The transition to 14nm technology this year will significantly increase the value provided by Intel architecture and process technology for our customers and in the marketplace."
Q1 Key Financial Information and Business Unit Trends
- PC Client Group revenue of $8.0 billion, down 6.6 percent sequentially and down 6.0 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $2.6 billion, down 6.9 percent sequentially and up 7.5 percent year-over-year.
- Other Intel® Architecture Group revenue of $1.0 billion, down 3.9 percent sequentially and down 9.0 percent year-over-year.
- Gross margin of 56 percent, down 2 percentage points sequentially and down 8 percentage points year-over-year.
- R&D plus MG&A spending of $4.5 billion, in line with the company's expectation of approximately $4.6 billion.
- Tax rate of 16 percent.
Intel's Business Outlook does not include the potential impact of any business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures or other investments that may be completed after April 16.
- Revenue: $12.9 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
- Gross margin percentage: 58 percent, plus or minus a couple percentage points.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: approximately $4.7 billion.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $70 million.
- Impact of equity investments and interest and other: approximately zero.
- Depreciation: approximately $1.7 billion.
- Revenue: low single-digit percentage increase, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Gross margin percentage: 60 percent, plus or minus a few percentage points, unchanged from prior expectations.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: $18.9 billion, plus or minus $200 million, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $300 million, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Depreciation: $6.8 billion, plus or minus $100 million, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Tax Rate: approximately 27 percent for each of the remaining quarters of the year.
- Full-year capital spending: $12.0 billion, plus or minus $500 million, down $1.0 billion from prior expectations.
For additional information regarding Intel's results and Business Outlook, please see the CFO commentary at: www.intc.com/results.cfm.
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
Intel - First-Quarter Revenue
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Intel Corporation - Third-Quarter 2020 Financial Results (23.10.2020 14:52)
- Intel Corporation - Intel Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results (24.07.2020 10:44)
- Intel Acquires Moovit to Accelerate Mobileye’s Mobility-as-a-Service Offering (12.05.2020 12:48)
- Intel Corporation - Reports First Quarter 2020 Financial Results (28.04.2020 13:32)
- Intel Reports Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial Results (27.01.2020 15:50)