Volkswagen seeks to conclude domination and profit and loss transfer agreement with MAN
- Further step towards the creation of an integrated commercial vehicles group
- Goal is to strengthen and simplify cooperation in the Commercial Vehicles business
Volkswagen is seeking to conclude a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement with MAN SE and will start talks on this subject with MAN SE's Executive Board. The planned step is a further milestone on the road to creating an integrated commercial vehicles group.
Entering into a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement is designed to enable Volkswagen and MAN to strengthen and simplify their cooperation, thereby increasing the competitiveness of both companies. Volkswagen currently holds 75.03 percent of the voting rights in MAN SE. Volkswagen has always stressed its intention to actively pursue the creation of an integrated commercial vehicles group and that it would keep all of its options open in this regard.
The Volkswagen Group also emphasized that MAN's business activities would continue and that MAN would retain its brand-specific characteristics and business areas within the Volkswagen Group under a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement. Volkswagen naturally also respects the employees' rights without limitation and is clearly committed to MAN's workforce.
The goal is to quickly initiate the steps necessary for concluding the domination and profit and loss transfer agreement. Further details will be provided by the companies.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group - Volkswagen Group strengthens market position in 2020 (13.01.2021 12:11)
- Volkswagen Group - positions and reorganisation of Group Board (16.12.2020 14:35)
- Volkswagen Group recovers from Covid-19 slump in third quarter and confirms outlook (03.11.2020 16:43)
- Volkswagen Group returns to profitability (30.10.2020 15:58)
- Volkswagen AG - Dividend for 2019 (05.10.2020 16:02)