Erste Group enters into an agreement to sell Erste Bank Ukraine
Erste Group has today entered into an agreement with the owners of FIDOBANK, a group of companies ultimately controlled by Oleksandr Adarich, about the sale of its Ukrainian subsidiary, Erste Bank Ukraine, for a cash consideration of USD 83 million (about EUR 63 million1). This decision is consistent with Erste Group's focus on customer business in the Eastern part of the European Union. Erste Group expects the closing of this transaction during the course of 2013.
As a result of this transaction, Erste Group will recognise a charge (fair value valuation) of about EUR 71 million after tax in the Q4 12 income statement (pre-tax: about EUR 94 million).
Upon closing of the transaction the negative currency translation effect (EUR/UAH) related to capital and goodwill in the amount of EUR 80.4 million as at 30 September 2012, which is already recognised in equity will be recycled through the income statement. Thus, this technical booking will not affect the capital position of Erste Group.
Erste Bank Ukraine employs 1,536 staff and had a balance sheet total of EUR 758 million as at 30 September 2012.
Přiložený dokument ke stažení
Press release (ENG)
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Erste Group - H1 2021 results (30.07.2021 13:53)
- Erste Group - Q1 2021 results (05.05.2021 16:36)
- Erste Group - 28th Annual General Meeting Erste Group Bank AG (21.04.2021 10:30)
- Erste Group - Annual Report 2020 (01.04.2021 16:39)
- Erste Group generates net profit of 783 mn euros in Corona-impacted year (02.03.2021 14:20)