Volkswagen delivers more cars in period to July / +10.4 percent
The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand handed over 1.05 (1.02; +2.5 percent) million vehicles to customers on the overall European market in the first seven months of the year. This contrasted with the situation in Western Europe (excluding Germany), where deliveries were 5.0 percent down on the comparable prior-year period as a result of the current market situation and totaled 528,200 (556,200) units. The trend in Central and Eastern Europe was noticeably positive, with a 40.4 percent rise to 157,100 (111,900). Deliveries in Russia continued to develop at a high level and ran at 95,600 (56,500; +69.2 percent) units. In the home market of Germany, Volkswagen Passenger Cars handed over 361,400 (352,700; +2.5 percent) vehicles to customers.
In the Asia-Pacific region, the brand grew deliveries 15.1 percent in the period to July, handing over 1.27 (1.10) million units. 1.14 (0.99; +15.2 percent) million vehicles were delivered in China (incl. Hong Kong), the region's largest single market, during the same period. Volkswagen Passenger Cars also continued to develop very well on the American continent. Deliveries in the North America region grew 23.4 percent to 346,700 (280,900) vehicles. At 245,700 (183,200; +34.1 percent), the number of vehicles handed over to customers in the United States, the region's largest single market, was also noticeably higher than the comparable prior-year period. In the South America region, deliveries rose by 6.4 percent to 472,700 (444,100) units.
Source: Volkswagen AG
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group - raises outlook for 2021 after a record result in the first half of the y. (30.07.2021 15:59)
- Volkswagen Group - Porsche, Rimac and Bugatti agree to set up joint venture (08.07.2021 14:53)
- Volkswagen Group - Q1 Report 2021 (18.05.2021 12:50)
- Volkswagen - Annual Media, Analyst and Investor Conference 2021 (18.03.2021 16:00)
- Volkswagen Group - Annual Report & Full Year Results 2020 (16.03.2021 13:28)