Volkswagen delivers more cars in period to July / +10.4 percent
The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand handed over 1.05 (1.02; +2.5 percent) million vehicles to customers on the overall European market in the first seven months of the year. This contrasted with the situation in Western Europe (excluding Germany), where deliveries were 5.0 percent down on the comparable prior-year period as a result of the current market situation and totaled 528,200 (556,200) units. The trend in Central and Eastern Europe was noticeably positive, with a 40.4 percent rise to 157,100 (111,900). Deliveries in Russia continued to develop at a high level and ran at 95,600 (56,500; +69.2 percent) units. In the home market of Germany, Volkswagen Passenger Cars handed over 361,400 (352,700; +2.5 percent) vehicles to customers.
In the Asia-Pacific region, the brand grew deliveries 15.1 percent in the period to July, handing over 1.27 (1.10) million units. 1.14 (0.99; +15.2 percent) million vehicles were delivered in China (incl. Hong Kong), the region's largest single market, during the same period. Volkswagen Passenger Cars also continued to develop very well on the American continent. Deliveries in the North America region grew 23.4 percent to 346,700 (280,900) vehicles. At 245,700 (183,200; +34.1 percent), the number of vehicles handed over to customers in the United States, the region's largest single market, was also noticeably higher than the comparable prior-year period. In the South America region, deliveries rose by 6.4 percent to 472,700 (444,100) units.
Source: Volkswagen AG
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen Group records higher deliveries in 2019 (14.01.2020 15:45)
- Volkswagen passenger cars grows deliveries in November (12.12.2019 15:15)
- Volkswagen Group China to invest over 4 billion Euro in 2020 (27.11.2019 11:58)
- Volkswagen AG - Volkswagen confirms strategic financial targets of Together 2025+ (19.11.2019 11:04)
- Volkswagen AG - Volkswagen Passenger Cars grows deliveries in October (19.11.2019 11:02)