Nokia Corporation Q2 2012 Interim Report
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Nokia net sales in Q2 2012 were EUR 7.5 billion, up from EUR 7.4 billion in Q1 2012
- Nokia Devices & Services Q2 net sales decreased 5% quarter-on-quarter.
- Lumia Q2 volumes increased quarter-on-quarter to 4 million units.
- Mobile Phones Q2 volumes increased quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year to 73 million units.
Nokia non-IFRS EPS in Q2 2012 of EUR -0.08, level with Q1 2012; reported EPS EUR -0.38
- Reported EPS adversely affected by non-cash valuation allowances related to deferred tax assets* of EUR 800 million, inventory-related allowances, and restructuring related charges.
- Devices & Services Q2 non-IFRS operating margin negative 9.1%, adversely affected by EUR 220 million of inventory-related allowances for our Lumia, Symbian and MeeGo devices. Smart Devices Q2 gross margin and contribution adversely affected by the inventory-related allowances. Q3 expected to be a challenging quarter in Smart Devices due to product transitions.
- Nokia Siemens Networks returned to non-IFRS operating profitability in Q2; restructuring progressing well and company seeing continued progress against new strategy that focuses on key markets and product segments.
Both gross and net cash higher year-on-year
- Nokia ended Q2 with gross cash of EUR 9.4 billion and net cash of EUR 4.2 billion.
- Net cash lower quarter-on-quarter, after EUR 742 million annual dividend payment to shareholders.
- Nokia Q2 net cash from operating activities of positive EUR 102 million, including receipt of EUR 400 million pre-payments from existing IPR licenses.
The complete second quarter 2012 interim report with tables is available at http://www.results.nokia.com/results/Nokia_results2012Q2e.pdf.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Sari Baldauf to succeed Risto Siilasmaa as Nokia Board Chair at Nokia’s Annual G (04.12.2019 12:24)
- Nokia to discontinue Chief Operating Officer role; current COO Joerg Erlemeier to leave company (26.11.2019 15:22)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q3 and January-September 2019 (24.10.2019 10:41)
- Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (09.09.2019 14:25)
- Nokia Board of Directors resolved to issue shares to the company (02.09.2019 13:28)