Ford and Nokia research a smarter and more personalized driving experience
Ford selected the Nokia Location Platform to leverage Nokia's high-quality global location content, including the industry leading NAVTEQ Map, as well as scaleable cloud services and APIs. This complete solution offers a fast, easy and cost-effective path to create innovative and differentiated location products.
The Ford EVOS concept car showcases a future in which cloud services go beyond Internet access and traffic-enabled routing. For example, Ford's concept car actually "learns" driver behavior to control, improve upon and personalize vehicle performance. Another area of Ford's research is designed to optimize hybrid powertrain efficiency: the Nokia Location Platform could automatically regulate a car's powertrain as it travels through established or driver-specified "Green Zones".
"We are committed to providing compelling customized services to the automotive sector and customers like Ford," said Christof Hellmis, Vice President Map Platform in Nokia's Location & Commerce unit. "We have consistently focused on innovation around location and navigation in the car. This commitment enabled us to provide a global platform service which could truly enhance the customer and user experience. It's exciting to see the Nokia Location Platform as an integral part of Ford's mission to revolutionize the connected car."
While the Ford EVOS is a concept car intended to show Ford's technology vision for the future and is not itself scheduled for production, it does give a glimpse of the technology being researched for future car models. More information on the concept car can be found here: http://youtu.be/WyBO32jz7Vg.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Sari Baldauf to succeed Risto Siilasmaa as Nokia Board Chair at Nokia’s Annual G (04.12.2019 12:24)
- Nokia to discontinue Chief Operating Officer role; current COO Joerg Erlemeier to leave company (26.11.2019 15:22)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q3 and January-September 2019 (24.10.2019 10:41)
- Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (09.09.2019 14:25)
- Nokia Board of Directors resolved to issue shares to the company (02.09.2019 13:28)