Ford and Nokia research a smarter and more personalized driving experience
Ford selected the Nokia Location Platform to leverage Nokia's high-quality global location content, including the industry leading NAVTEQ Map, as well as scaleable cloud services and APIs. This complete solution offers a fast, easy and cost-effective path to create innovative and differentiated location products.
The Ford EVOS concept car showcases a future in which cloud services go beyond Internet access and traffic-enabled routing. For example, Ford's concept car actually "learns" driver behavior to control, improve upon and personalize vehicle performance. Another area of Ford's research is designed to optimize hybrid powertrain efficiency: the Nokia Location Platform could automatically regulate a car's powertrain as it travels through established or driver-specified "Green Zones".
"We are committed to providing compelling customized services to the automotive sector and customers like Ford," said Christof Hellmis, Vice President Map Platform in Nokia's Location & Commerce unit. "We have consistently focused on innovation around location and navigation in the car. This commitment enabled us to provide a global platform service which could truly enhance the customer and user experience. It's exciting to see the Nokia Location Platform as an integral part of Ford's mission to revolutionize the connected car."
While the Ford EVOS is a concept car intended to show Ford's technology vision for the future and is not itself scheduled for production, it does give a glimpse of the technology being researched for future car models. More information on the concept car can be found here: http://youtu.be/WyBO32jz7Vg.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (15.04.2021 16:23)
- Nokia Corporation - Usnesení výroční VH a představenstva společnosti Nokia Corporation (13.04.2021 14:15)
- Nokia Corporation - Report on Form 20-F for 2020, published its Nokia in 2020 Annual Report (09.03.2021 14:26)
- Nokia Corporation - Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares (11.02.2021 15:23)
- Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q4 and Full Year 2020 (09.02.2021 13:55)